No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin Will Likely Rest, Evaluate Options For 2019

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    I can respect this point. It's probably better he face the more established guys at 168 than the young guys at 160.
    I also think he could hurt those guys as easy as they are not as quick and most dont have the skill levels of Canelo, Jacobs, Charlo etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Shontae De'marc View Post
      Options to evaluate for LOLovkin in 2019:
      1. Suicide
      2. Retirement
      3. Being lit up like a Christmas tree for a 3rd time against Canelo "Big Red CAWK" Alvarez
      4. Double suicide with Un-Abel "Dirty" Sanchez
      and even then he was robbed twice and won against a proven PED user. So go figure who is the good guy and who are the bad guys, please include yourself and your heart on one of the sides.

Deep down inside you know how it feels to be given a gift you did not deserve.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
        All fan bases suck if you ask me. Including yours, that being said, any fan is good for the business and the sport.

Now, you're talking sht IMO, I respect you bro, but GGG didn't run, I mean, he took few step backs but was far from running. Just like Canelo didn't run in the first fight TBH.

Then Abel was right, GGG was losing after the 7th, but guess what, the 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th count too for the scorecards. GGG won most of those rounds, even on judges cards.

Those are weak arguments and you know that.

You're are just getting emotional because of Abel and some GGGs fans like Dramashow bullshts and you shouldn't IMO let those kind of guys makes you talk isht like them, even if it's in response, ignore them.

You are all emotional and not talking about boxing it sucks.

Golovkin retiring (unless he has nothing left) is not good for boxing and he and NELO fought like warriors, they deserve respect.
        I don't think canelo ran from a stylistic sense fight 1 and don't think GGG did in the second one. But he ran from a Mexican style fight meaning he called cried begged for that style fight then got it and decided he don't want to fight Mexican style he wants to box and jab against his own trainers wishes by the way. Against what ALL his fans said by the way. All fanbases talk shyt that's been going in for decades in boxing but I've been watching boxing since the 90's and I have NEVER seen the sport hyjacked like it is right now. Maybe it's because of social media and it empowers these guys but if this fight happened 10 or 20 years ago and the bigger man who bytched and complained the first fight begging for Mexican style got stalked, whooped, face falling apart for the first time his career, his own trainer says he was losing the fight and admitted he didn't fight the fight he wanted. At no other time in boxing history could you call it a robbery. But that's what GGG fans have turned this into. It ain't about what happens in the ring no more this some fox news, left wing vs right wing shyt you see in politics where it's more about smear campaign and agenda to influence what you just saw. It's impossible to be a robbery when your trainer says this during and after the fight that he thought GGG was losing heading into the 8th even if you gave EVERY round after to GGG at best it's a close fight and a close fight not going your way is not a robbery.

Sanchez the most loud mouth in boxing couldn't even argue the decision going for canelo. Calling this a robbery is a disrespect to real fighters that were actually robbed. Now every fight GGG gets his face phuked up and loses a close decision we going to cry? GGG lost that fight fair and square if you disagree sure maybe but calling it a robbery is bad for the sport. I don't got a problem with GGG as a fighter I got a problem with how his team handles things that don't go his way and the crybaby loser mentality narrative that comes from his fans after he doesn't do what they thought he would. Mr Mexican Style getting a Mexican Style azzz whooping and his trainer throwing him under the bus during and after the fight would of ended all crying and excuse making in any other era in boxing. The sooner boxing moves on from GGG and that shyt the better. Sanchez stood up like a man and tried to end all the controversy BS and gave canelo credit, GGG ran to the locker room like a sore loser and immediately his fans took his lead and now it's a robbery SMH.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
          OK, he can go to 168 then. Maybe Arum makes a Zurdo fight. Uzcategui, Dirrell, Benavidez. Maybe he goes to England and fights Degale or Eubank.

I didn't think GGG was having an issue making weight. He didn't look drained in any way to me.
          All high level fighters look drained for the weigh in, and I never said he was struggling making weight.

When you have to lose 12 pounds in a day, you weight drain your body period

So you didn't get my point, my point is you don't recover from this well past 35s.

I can myself drink a bottle of whiskey easy but I won't recover like in my 20s.

GGG is old, looked old, no excuse, he had himself the size/reach advantage, but 168 will be better for him.

He shouldn't over train in big bear anymore, and should NOT zombie himself into 160 weighins and move up, train in a normal gym, with light training.
          Otherwise he's 2 fights left and won't fight until 40 like I think he could.

Comment

Originally posted by Fangedgrowl View Post
            i totally agree. 168 would be good for him , even some guys at 175 possibly.
            lol@175

a guy like joe smith would destroy him at 175...easily

Comment

Originally posted by Andrij View Post
              Why not ? He would make a mockery out of GGG.
              I think Floyd could outbox GGG but he won’t take that fight after Manny at 42 years old. He is 41 now but would be 42 in 2019. GGG would be 38. Not entirely impossible. Doubt it.

Comment

GGG is done. 3 hard fights in a row at this stage of his career. The rise and fall of the European fighters. First it was boogeyman Kov, now GGG, and Loma will be next!

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
                  he needs to rest after getting the **** beat out of him by Gasnelo. If you're getting battered around the ring in the twelfth by a guy who gasses by the sixth, you suck and should retire.

^ welcome to NSB,.

loses by a round on two cards to a fighter in his prime. fight will probably win fight of the year and surely will be a candidate. made 10 million dollars+.

sucks and should retire. welcome to NSB. this place sucks and should retire.

if you're posting this crap you suck and should retire.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                    I don't think canelo ran from a stylistic sense fight 1 and don't think GGG did in the second one. But he ran from a Mexican style fight meaning he called cried begged for that style fight then got it and decided he don't want to fight Mexican style he wants to box and jab against his own trainers wishes by the way. Against what ALL his fans said by the way. All fanbases talk shyt that's been going in for decades in boxing but I've been watching boxing since the 90's and I have NEVER seen the sport hyjacked like it is right now. Maybe it's because of social media and it empowers these guys but if this fight happened 10 or 20 years ago and the bigger man who bytched and complained the first fight begging for Mexican style got stalked, whooped, face falling apart for the first time his career, his own trainer says he was losing the fight and admitted he didn't fight the fight he wanted. At no other time in boxing history could you call it a robbery. But that's what GGG fans have turned this into. It ain't about what happens in the ring no more this some fox news, left wing vs right wing shyt you see in politics where it's more about smear campaign and agenda to influence what you just saw. It's impossible to be a robbery when your trainer says this during and after the fight that he thought GGG was losing heading into the 8th even if you gave EVERY round after to GGG at best it's a close fight and a close fight not going your way is not a robbery.

Sanchez the most loud mouth in boxing couldn't even argue the decision going for canelo. Calling this a robbery is a disrespect to real fighters that were actually robbed. Now every fight GGG gets his face phuked up and loses a close decision we going to cry? GGG lost that fight fair and square if you disagree sure maybe but calling it a robbery is bad for the sport. I don't got a problem with GGG as a fighter I got a problem with how his team handles things that don't go his way and the crybaby loser mentality narrative that comes from his fans after he doesn't do what they thought he would. Mr Mexican Style getting a Mexican Style azzz whooping and his trainer throwing him under the bus during and after the fight would of ended all crying and excuse making in any other era in boxing. The sooner boxing moves on from GGG and that shyt the better. Sanchez stood up like a man and tried to end all the controversy BS and gave canelo credit, GGG ran to the locker room like a sore loser and immediately his fans took his lead and now it's a robbery SMH.
                    1. Mexican style isn't face first boxing. Marquez moved, controlled the ring, Salva too.
                    GGG fought like a warrior took punishment and never flinched.

2. Sanchez is irrelevant to me, and he's playing the cool card because he knows he went too far, got shoved at the weigh in, that being said, he said he thought it was a draw.

3. A lot of serious people, including Bud, Lennox Lewis had GGG winning this fight. GGG got short changed and you know that, 2 close fight "could have gone either" and got only 1 scorecards out of 6, I can TOTALLY understand his frustration.
                    Last edited by BillyBoxing; 09-18-2018, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Damn! Look at his head!

Comment

Working...
                      X