• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
    We have a winner!

Thanks MARVIN!

Comment

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
      Sounds like someones ego talking "let me live forever" - survival what life seems to be about
      I came across this in a book by
      Lynne McTaggart called The Field. I thought it was interesting. Maybe you can pick up a copy you seem interested in this sort of thing.
      Last edited by TonyGe; 04-27-2017, 08:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
        I came across this in a book by
        Lynne McTaggart called The Field. I thought it was interesting. Maybe you can pick up a copy you seem interested in this sort of thing.
        Thanks for the suggestion bro it indeed does sound interesting, however I can predict already what it will be like, some spiritual nutter trying to use "scientific" theories (that have 0 evidence ) in physics to "prove" her whacky beliefs about spirituality

Her target audience is probably the I wanna believe crowd scared of reality crowd the tell me a bed time story crowd.

I find it ironic that the people trying to overcome their ego feel the need to live for ever, including the so called ancient masters, living for ever in some form is highly ego based, very natural but its like the primary function of the ego/organism ie to survive

You get a feeling of time stopping it feels "eternal" but its just a feeling, you can get a whole host of feelings from drugs or unusual circumstances including near death experiences, but they are feelings and there's nothing to suggest they are anything but the brain being used in a different way to normal
        Last edited by AlexKid; 04-27-2017, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Err it's not about living forever. Nobody can live forever. It's just some interesting reading. If it makes you feel OK with it in order for this to be true you have to be dead, deader than a door nail.

Comment

Working...
          X