No announcement yet.

AJ was just hungrier than Ruiz

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Queen_Leia View Post
    Wilder was on Fred from the BarberShop Conversation podcast last night after the fight and HE WAS SO MAD AT RUIZ for not training, coming in overweight and partying and blowing his money.

he said that there unification fight was practically in the bag and Ruiz F it up...he said that Ruiz will never make the money he made in the Joshua fight again because without the belts, there is no need to fight him.

He said that he'll be lucky to make 1 million in his next fight. I've never seen Wilder so mad at someone.
    Ruiz deserves it. I liked him, now I hate his guts. I mean, do your JOB.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadBodyBodyBody View Post
      Nice post, yeah AJ has apparently responded well to the loss, certainly in the pre-fight interviews he seemed to have regained focus. Now that I think about it, it reminded me of Froch's demeanour in the run-up to the Groves rematch, and there were similarities even in the ring walk. Looking slightly nervous, knowing that it's all on the line. You could sense that AJ was feeling the pressure, but ultimately, he stuck to the gameplan and his hard work has paid dividends. As you say, Ruiz lost his hunger, as he himself admits. I'm pleased for AJ even though his personality grates

We need to see the top 3 fighting each other now, all other fights are meaningless
      Thanks, well said.

Originally posted by ruedboy View Post
      There are some similarities between Buster Douglas and Ruiz.
      Both guys struggled with weight.
      Both were heavy underdogs who pulled off historic upsets.
      Both guys came in much heavier for next fight and lost.
      Being champ is having a target on your back.
      Some fighters can't handle it.
      Good post as usual my friend.

Originally posted by Laligalaliga View Post
      Ruiz did what he had to do..... The only thing is I see him going back as undercard cos hiz huge risk low reward.
      Even wilder won't want to fight him.
      Yeah I don't even feel bad for Andy...my number 1 reason for supporting any fighter is them being a pro, which really means taking the job seriously and getting in shape, always.

Andy didn't do that...I still think him vs Fury or Wilder could sell though...I'd like to see those matchups as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Beamish View Post
        Ruiz deserves it. I liked him, now I hate his guts. I mean, do your JOB.
        Yes basically my thoughts, though I wouldn't say I hate his guts lol.

Comment

The stamina AJ showed last night was nothing short of legendary.

He didn't even looked gassed at the end of the fight.

I think Ruiz is done at an elite level. No one with a belt would want to fight him since he's a high-risk/low-reward match now.

Very impressed by AJ...can he do this to Wilder? Fury?

Yet to see

Comment

Originally posted by Queen_Leia View Post
            Wilder was on Fred from the BarberShop Conversation podcast last night after the fight and HE WAS SO MAD AT RUIZ for not training, coming in overweight and partying and blowing his money.

he said that there unification fight was practically in the bag and Ruiz F it up...he said that Ruiz will never make the money he made in the Joshua fight again because without the belts, there is no need to fight him.

He said that he'll be lucky to make 1 million in his next fight. I've never seen Wilder so mad at someone.
            Even more mad than "TO THIS DAY!" ?

Comment

Originally posted by BKM- View Post
              Even more mad than "TO THIS DAY!" ?
              Yep, even more mad than that. Wilder said that now he has to try to deal with Hearn, who is a snake and doesn't want to unify.

Wilder said that it now up to the fan to pressure Joshua to unify but all of this could have been avoided if Ruiz didn't Buster Douglas this fight.

Comment

You aint see that video with Andy making love to some pizza & tacos if you believe that.

Comment

Working...
                X