AJ was just hungrier than Ruiz

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AJ was just hungrier than Ruiz

Never thought I would say that.

But in all seriousness...what would it take for people to give credit to teams/athletes they don't really like.

After watching the fight last night...the only takeaway I could see was saying "AJ wanted this fight a lot more, put in a great performance, was really ready for this one, he looked great"...and also of course you notice that Ruiz was probably not as motivated here as he was in fight 1.

Just don't see why everything has to be so 100% for or against, especially in boxing...in the other more prissy sports, I can understand rooting against certain guys/teams.

But these guys put it all on the line, I have to respect anyone when they put in a good performance.

I don't even really like AJ and always felt he was delaying the Wilder fight, and Wilder would probably KO him (edit - why Wilder turned down that deal from DAZN though, I mean he got some terrible advice there imho)...I would still say Wilder would win by KO if they fought, but if that version of AJ turned up it would be a great fight I think...AJ outboxing Wilder all day but at some point probably getting caught.

So yeah...why not just give the man some credit where it is due.

On another note...AJ is kind of an unlikable dude lol...not entirely sure how the UK has fallen in love with him so much...I wanted to be happy for him, but his corny/arrogant type responses after the fight just left me rolling my eyes.
    Last edited by Boxing_1013; 12-08-2019, 12:33 PM.

Are you sure Ruiz looks like he ate 20 tacos a day sarcasm

Comment

True

Had Ruiz got dropped last night, I’ll bet he wouldn’t have got up with the same fire as the first fight

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing_1013 View Post

But in all seriousness...what would it take for people to give credit to teams/athletes they don't really like.

After watching the fight last night...the only takeaway I could see was saying "AJ wanted this fight a lot more, put in a great performance, was really ready for this one, he looked great"...and also of course you notice that Ruiz was probably not as motivated here as he was in fight 1.

Just don't see why everything has to be so 100% for or against, especially in boxing...in the other more prissy sports, I can understand rooting against certain guys/teams.

But these guys put it all on the line, I have to respect anyone when they put in a good performance.

I don't even really like AJ and always felt he was delaying the Wilder fight, and Wilder would probably KO him (edit - why Wilder turned down that deal from DAZN though, I mean he got some terrible advice there imho)...I would still say Wilder would win by KO if they fought, but if that version of AJ turned up it would be a great fight I think...AJ outboxing Wilder all day but at some point probably getting caught.

On another note...AJ is kind of an unlikable dude lol...not entirely sure how the UK has fallen in love with him so much...I wanted to be happy for him, but his corny/arrogant type responses after the fight just left me rolling my eyes.
        Nice post, yeah AJ has apparently responded well to the loss, certainly in the pre-fight interviews he seemed to have regained focus. Now that I think about it, it reminded me of Froch's demeanour in the run-up to the Groves rematch, and there were similarities even in the ring walk. Looking slightly nervous, knowing that it's all on the line. You could sense that AJ was feeling the pressure, but ultimately, he stuck to the gameplan and his hard work has paid dividends. As you say, Ruiz lost his hunger, as he himself admits. I'm pleased for AJ even though his personality grates

We need to see the top 3 fighting each other now, all other fights are meaningless

Comment

Seriously, nobody is hungrier than Andy.
          Da boy just can't stop eating!

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing_1013 View Post

There are some similarities between Buster Douglas and Ruiz.
            Both guys struggled with weight.
            Both were heavy underdogs who pulled off historic upsets.
            Both guys came in much heavier for next fight and lost.
            Being champ is having a target on your back.
            Some fighters can't handle it.

Comment

Nobody was as hungry as Ruiz.

Comment

Ruiz did what he had to do..... The only thing is I see him going back as undercard cos hiz huge risk low reward.
                Even wilder won't want to fight him.

Comment

Originally posted by Laligalaliga View Post
                  Ruiz did what he had to do..... The only thing is I see him going back as undercard cos hiz huge risk low reward.
                  Even wilder won't want to fight him.
                  Wilder was on Fred from the BarberShop Conversation podcast last night after the fight and HE WAS SO MAD AT RUIZ for not training, coming in overweight and partying and blowing his money.

he said that there unification fight was practically in the bag and Ruiz F it up...he said that Ruiz will never make the money he made in the Joshua fight again because without the belts, there is no need to fight him.

He said that he'll be lucky to make 1 million in his next fight. I've never seen Wilder so mad at someone.

Comment

Originally posted by Queen_Leia View Post
                    Wilder was on Fred from the BarberShop Conversation podcast last night after the fight and HE WAS SO MAD AT RUIZ for not training, coming in overweight and partying and blowing his money.

he said that there unification fight was practically in the bag and Ruiz F it up...he said that Ruiz will never make the money he made in the Joshua fight again because without the belts, there is no need to fight him.

He said that he'll be lucky to make 1 million in his next fight. I've never seen Wilder so mad at someone.
                    Obviously if he said that, hez not wrong.
                    Ruiz is done on elite level except if wilder will give him another shot but I doubt he will.
                    Wilder wanted it the easy way but hez on the tight corner now.
                    I doubt he get that $100mil now even if he beat fury.
                    That ship has sailed.

Comment

Working...
                    X