Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

so let me get this straight, donaire was shot against frampton but not against inoue?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so let me get this straight, donaire was shot against frampton but not against inoue?

I cant remember frampton getting much credit for beating him much easier than inoue did, i think the narrative for that one was of two fighters well past their best with frampton being less shot than donaire...

So why was one win met with a shrug of the shoulders but when inoue scrapes past him its proof of being a p4p top 5 level fighter? It cant be that donaire was much better at the weight either cause magdaleno beat him at that weight comfortably years ago...

Ive got limited knowledge on sports science but can your body just really turn back the clock at 36 (he was a few days off 37 actually) after years and years of poor performances? Or maybe 'monster' just isnt as good as hes been made out to be?

He was shot against both of them. Inoue beat Donaire convincingly, despite what everyone wants to say.

I think the difference was being shot and fighting at 126 vs. being shot and fighting at 118.

Comment

who the fook says donaire wasnt shot against inoue????!!!!!! i believe everyone said donaire looked old but was still able to pull off an amazing performance....

Comment

There's a difference between being shot and being slightly past your prime and fighting 2 weight classes above where you should be.

Comment

Originally posted by famicommander View Post
          There's a difference between being shot and being slightly past your prime and fighting 2 weight classes above where you should be.
          hes 37 years old and not beaten anyone worth a damn in years lol. if he was so great still i dont get why frampton wasnt getting any praise for beating him so easily.

Comment

Yeah considering everyone was picking Inoue to win inside 6 rounds, he’s getting way more credit than Frampton for whatever reason.

Comment

also i swear people at the start of the tournament were saying donaire is gonna have to drain himself to make the weight? if he was that comfortable at the weight he wouldnt have been fighting in the divisions above all the years before the tournament

Comment

The weight classes and recent form of Donaire heading into those fights makes Inoue's fight vs Donaire seem tougher than Frampton's...whether or not Donaire was actually a tougher fight at that weight/time is up for debate

Comment

Originally posted by Madison boxing View Post
                  hes 37 years old and not beaten anyone worth a damn in years lol. if he was so great still i dont get why frampton wasnt getting any praise for beating him so easily.
                  Again, because Donaire never belonged at 126 pounds. He could hang in there at 122, but even then he was always best at 118.

Comment

He was always huge puncher between 112-118. Not so much at 126. And Inoue beat him convincingly in the end. That's what happens when your aim is to take your opponent out, you eat a few punches. But he took him them well and fired back his own then stopped him. Not a shaky decision or controversial win by any means.

Comment

Working...
                    X