Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dirrell Refuses to Admit Defeat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Close fight and he could have edged it if he left it all in the ring for the 11th and 12th rounds.

He lost, but I can understand his perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
      On the other hand, Dirrell beat Froch on my scorecards so he should have been a world champion early in his career, it's wrong that they kept the title away from him. He won that fight no question in my eyes.
      He lost it in a lot of other people's eyes.

Dirrell has been unfortunate to some degree but has also contributed to that himself.

Negative performance v Froch, feigning injury against Abraham, refusing to fight Ward, years out of the sport and then coughing up the championship rounds v DeGale.

It's not over though, he can still come back but crying is not going to change anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post

Dirrell has been unfortunate to some degree but has also contributed to that himself.

Negative performance v Froch, feigning injury against Abraham, refusing to fight Ward, years out of the sport and then coughing up the championship rounds v DeGale.

It's not over though, he can still come back but crying is not going to change anything.
        That's right - he should be pleased with his performance regardless.

He still proved a lot of his doubters wrong IMO.

He certainly surprised me in the way he responded after that knockdown.

Comment

I thought he put on a good performance against Froch, especially if you consider it was only his 19th fight and Froch was a MASSIVE step up from his previous competition. The clinching was excessive and annoying but he got a point deducted for it so he paid the penalty in the ring. I still had him beat Froch clearly even with the point off.

And I believe the Abraham injury was legit, or at least his concerns about being injured badly were. He took nearly 2 years out of the sport after that incident, I don't think it was a coincidence.

Comment

I don't mind him nor admitting defeat. Close fight. But he really had no1 to blame but himself tbh.

Comment

DeGale outlanded him(albeit marginally) and knocked him down twice. You can say that Dirrell gave it away but if he'd won the last two rounds DeGale would've been accused of giving it away considering the start he had.

Comment

Dirrell got edged out. Clear close victory for Degale, maybe if he fought harder the last two rounds he would had won it. Once he gets hit he loses confidence and mentally lapses

Comment

A mean you got dropped like a little useless fly and then throw a high amount of flurrys into degales gloves when he was either gassed or being cautious or saving his energy for the championship rounds and you think you won, oh please, he won rounds on the simple fact degale wasn't throwing back.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
                    I thought he put on a good performance against Froch, especially if you consider it was only his 19th fight and Froch was a MASSIVE step up from his previous competition. The clinching was excessive and annoying but he got a point deducted for it so he paid the penalty in the ring. I still had him beat Froch clearly even with the point off.

And I believe the Abraham injury was legit, or at least his concerns about being injured badly were. He took nearly 2 years out of the sport after that incident, I don't think it was a coincidence.
                    Well then I have a bridge I'd like to sell you...

Comment

Well then I have a bridge I'd like to sell you...
                      Then explain why he took so much time off after the injury

Comment

Working...
                      X