Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Orlando Salido Livid: Garcia's Corner Was Ready To Quit!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    NEW YORK — Mikey Garcia would’ve fought through a broken nose early Sunday morning, but he wasn’t required to do so.

Garcia instead won the WBO featherweight title from Orlando Salido by technical decision in The Theater at Madison Square Garden, where their scheduled 12-round fight was stopped due to Garcia’s broken nose. Garcia knocked down Salido four times and was way ahead on all three scorecards when the fight was stopped after eight rounds.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    No way Salido was going to put Mickey down. He was getting worked. It would have kept going the same. Good decision to stop. Salido is a done deal with Garcia

Comment

Originally posted by vacon04 View Post
      IDK how people can keep defending the stoppage. A few months ago 90% of guys here on boxingscene were crucifying Ortiz for not going on with a broken jaw. Now García can't continue with a broken nose and guys are defending him. Double standards.

Oh, and if most guys here think a broken nose is enough to stop a fight, then they should stop boxing at all since cuts, bruises and broken bones are part of the sport. I don't like it, I want every boxer to get out of the ring with their health, but the truth is that injuries happen and all boxers know it.

If a broken nose is enough to stop a fight, then we're going to stop seeing warriors like Gatti, Ward, Corrales or Salido. Next time just ask for the doctor, say you have a broken nose and stop the fight.
      I thought this comment was fairly sound. That was until your last paragraph.

In this 3rd paragraph, you have clearly shown us that you 'choose' to overlook the fact that Salido INTENTIONALLY headbutt Mikey.

Furthermore, a broken nose from a punch is one thing. A broken nose from a headbutt is another. We're not talkin' glove on face, we're talkin' bone on bone! So if you actually believe what you say in your statement i've highlighted, then maybe next time you should make a conscious effort to think about what you really mean before you write it!

F.Y.I., the context in which you referred to Salido clearly makes you biased. I don't consider a dirty fighter a warrior but then that's just me!

Comment

Originally posted by mattr View Post
        All them clean shots the steroid taking Salido shipped have clearly made him very delusional. He was getting his ass thoroughly kicked.
        Really was he??

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
          Gave up? Wanna explain? He kept on coming and started finding himself some success as the fight went on.

As for Salido, don't worry bro you can at least sleep at night knowing you came to fight. Probably can't say the same about Garcia. He came to hug cause he got no inside game and to quit.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
          Look at salidos face at the end of the 2nd and third. I give him complete credit for still giving it his all and going on but he had the "**** this Im done " look on his face. My brother bet on salido and I laughed at his reply "Oh ****" when he saw salidos expression at the end of round 2 and 3
          Last edited by Shogunofharlem1; 01-21-2013, 04:39 AM.

Comment

if its 1 thing that you can say about boxing in this past year is that crazy **** happens. broken jaws, headbutts, broken noses, devastating KO's. all that. Mikey was definitely dominating but Salido was getting closer. who knows what might have happened in the rounds to come. Garcia played em' smart tho. as soon as Salido would find an opening Garcia would clench. shows he's afraid to trade shots. i like both fighters & a rematch is necessary so that 1 of em' can have a proper victory. winning or losing by default sucks. leaves every1 puzzled. good luck 2 both. i'd like 2 see Garcia vs. Donaire or Garcia vs. Gary Russell jr. that'd be badass!

Comment

Originally posted by heavyweight74 View Post
              if its 1 thing that you can say about boxing in this past year is that crazy **** happens. broken jaws, headbutts, broken noses, devastating KO's. all that. Mikey was definitely dominating but Salido was getting closer. who knows what might have happened in the rounds to come. Garcia played em' smart tho. as soon as Salido would find an opening Garcia would clench. shows he's afraid to trade shots. i like both fighters & a rematch is necessary so that 1 of em' can have a proper victory. winning or losing by default sucks. leaves every1 puzzled. good luck 2 both. i'd like 2 see Garcia vs. Donaire or Garcia vs. Gary Russell jr. that'd be badass!
              Agreed. Its finally time to start testing Gary Russell jr. Hopefully he does well because his skills are impressive.

Comment

Working...
              X