Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I wish Boxing was more popular with the youth.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its a post Tyson boxing era

Bound to happen since boxing biggest star of the modern era has departed and no one since then has ever come close to being as exciting, explosive, brutal and unbeatable ... so if the sport hasn't progressed, why watch?

Comment

There are literally hundreds of tv channels nowadays. There's no way kids would focus on just one channel. Most of them are into video games also. Plus, boxing styles nowadays are more defensive-driven and more technical. I appreciated Donaire's fights and Broner's, for example, but you could still hear people booing in some segments of their fights.

Comment

Originally posted by KRAFTSMAN View Post
        There are literally hundreds of tv channels nowadays. There's no way kids would focus on just one channel. Most of them are into video games also. Plus, boxing styles nowadays are more defensive-driven and more technical. I appreciated Donaire's fights and Broner's, for example, but you could still hear people booing in some segments of their fights.
        I thought Broner's recent fight was amazing, great show of Boxing. No wonder people watch MMA all they want is someone to get beat the **** up.

There's this quote by a Mexican I can't remember and it was "I'd rather die on my feet than live like a coward." Or something along those lines.

Comment

I watch boxing with my three year old son even though he falls a sleep but if I ask him who's his favorite boxer he says Cotto true story...

Comment

I agree

Don't know anybody who watches boxing...

I was lucky to discover it really... Thankyou for that Khan. Introducing me to this amaazzzing sport

I'm an addict.

Comment

UFC is more popular with the youth, but there is always that cross over factor that they might like boxing later on. Contrary to popular belief you can like both sports.

Comment

Schools have to bring amateur boxing to their programs like they do football, baseball, basketball. If it's because it's too dangerous look at football and it's countless injuries. That would not only make boxing more popular with kids but popular in general.

Comment

Its just our generation... I'm 20, and I'm in the same predicament... Its becuz we were growing up in the age where MMA and UFC was "the hott new thing", just like Justin Bieber and Twilight

That's why our generation likes MMA more, but I noticed my little cousin and my nephew "boxing" with their friends when I was picking them up for school... My nephew (who doesn't live with me and I barely see, therefore u can't say I influenced) straight up told me that he thought MMA was whack... I even tried to teach him some wrestling moves, and he told me it was gay

Boxing will be back as soon as our generation loses interest in MMA

Comment

Working...
                  X