Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there not a case for Wladamir to be p4p#1?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
    I thought P4P was built off of "If [insert name here] was as big as [insert name here] he would beat him". If that's the case then no one is restricted from being listed.
    Well if that's the case.. K2 does not even belong in the top 10 than.

A 6'5 Sergio Martinez will utterly beat the living **** out of Vitali.

A 6'6 Andre Ward will dominate Vitali 12-0

A 6'5 version of Miguel Cotto even will humiliate Vitali.

Comment

Originally posted by FightScorer View Post
      Well if that's the case.. K2 does not even belong in the top 10 than.

A 6'5 Sergio Martinez will utterly beat the living **** out of Vitali.

A 6'6 Andre Ward will dominate Vitali 12-0

A 6'5 version of Miguel Cotto even will humiliate Vitali.
      I don't see how anyone could have Vitali, Cotto or Moreno in their Top 10, the ring's P4P list is probably the worse I've seen.

Comment

Wlad is the baddest man on the planet. We havent seen a title run like this since Tyson collected all the belts. Wlad has beaten everyone put in front of him since winning the title in 2006. He has either won by stoppage or wide UD since taking the IBF bealt in 2006. He's also the first champion in heavyweight history to hold 5 belts at once, WBA/IBF/WBO/IBO/Ring

Comment

I don't mind putting a heavyweight in the P4P list if he deserves it. But he has to have a great skill set and he also has to face tough competition.

Wlad doesn't meet either of those categories because he is one dimensional and the heavyweight division is pathetically bad right now.

Comment

Originally posted by eurochamp View Post
            He is the only current boxer to hold the WBA,IBF,WBO,IBO AND RING and have multiple defenses.He has dominated his division for over half a decade now and wins mostly by ko,he is active.why are fighters like Martinez,who has a recent loss to Williams and has been floored alot lately,Juan Manuel Marquez who was dominated by Floyd and lost to Manny. How can they be ranked higher then Wladamir? Now people want to rank Ward higher cause they say he won the super 6? Wladamir has cleaned his division out so why does Ward,Martinez and Juan get ranked higher?
            do you even know what p4p stands for?

Comment

I think Wlad's competition level is just too low, the HW division is in very poor shape although it is getting better.

Wlad's top 3 career wins are probably
              1. Haye a blown up cruiser who nearly lost to Valuev
              2. Chambers? Another blown up CW
              3. Peter, who got schooled by Toney (1st fight) right after his Klitschko fight.

That list is very unimpressive. When you look at it on paper it looks great but when you see the actual skill level of the guys Wlad is beating its embarrassing. It's like Bute racking up wins and dominating guys like Joppy, Miranda, Brinkley, Zuniga etc. except there is no Ward, Froch, Kessler, Dirrel, Dawson etc. type fighter in the HW division.

Comment

Originally posted by eurochamp View Post
                He is the most dominate fighter in the sport right now,no close fights,he doesn't get knocked down,he wins by ko,has multiple title defense's. These are all the things other fighters get praised for yet he gets no credit?
                That's easy when you fight bums.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                  I don't mind putting a heavyweight in the P4P list if he deserves it. But he has to have a great skill set and he also has to face tough competition.

Wlad doesn't meet either of those categories because he is one dimensional and the heavyweight division is pathetically bad right now.
                  That's exactly what I'm saying man. To restrict heavyweights from entering the P4P list is to say there hasn't been a heavyweight skilled enough to beat any lower weight class P4P fighter.

Comment

It's hard with Wlad to be honest.

His competition isn't great but he's been dominant as hell. But because his competition is so weak then IMO he's not in there. At least not P4P top 8.

Had he come through in a different era we'd have a better gauge on how good Wlad (or Vitali) really are but that's not their fault.

Comment

It's a hypothetical discussion, but ofcourse there is a case. He's as sharp and technically able as any p4p top fighter. And Wlad is FAST considering his size. As someone else said, it's merely a case of who's your personal favourite. I like many of the smaller fighters, but Wlad is my favourite.

Comment

Working...
                      X