Collapse
No announcement yet.

tyson and olympics

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tyson has really lost the first fight, the second fight was close.

Comment

Originally posted by pug1986
      I've watched both fights, in the first one was closer but I still think tyson won. the second he was just robbed, Tillman basically ran and slapped the whole time getting knocked down in the process, and he even loooked suprised when they raised his hand afterwards.
      yes i have seen them, both close, remember in amateur knock downs only count for 1 point the same as normal punch scoring.

Comment

Originally posted by average_expert
        yes i have seen them, both close, remember in amateur knock downs only count for 1 point the same as normal punch scoring.
        yea that doesn't even make sense. a knockdown will "waste" like maybe 5-8 seconds of your valuable scoring time. a 3 hit combo wil get you 3 points in maybe 2 seconds. it really discourages power.

Comment

i dont know about this

Comment

there should be something on his website

Comment

ive got both fights on tape. The first round of the first fight tyson put tillman down with a combo to the body, but was totally outboxed the rest of the fight, second fight was a bit closer.
              Tillman jabbed and moved on his toes, tyson looked as clueless as he did against lewis, interestingly at the end of the second fight the trainers in tillmans corner can be clearly seen, one of them was Emmanuel Steward.

Comment

both fights were during the 84 olympic heavywieght box offs.
                Having seen lennox lewis`s fight against tyrell biggs in the 84 olmypics at super heavywieght id have to say lewis would have done well against tyson then. Of course they did spar in 84.

Comment

Tyson's style is suitable for pro fighting. Probably he down the Tilman
                  in the Olympic eliminated fight. But in amateur rule that is 1point lost,
                  if that in pro fight 2point usually given. So I think amateur fight is only step to pro fighting to Tyson.

Comment

Neither did Page,Ramos, and Davey Moore.

Comment

Originally posted by lennon
                      both fights were during the 84 olympic heavywieght box offs.
                      Having seen lennox lewis`s fight against tyrell biggs in the 84 olmypics at super heavywieght id have to say lewis would have done well against tyson then. Of course they did spar in 84.
                      who won?, i hear that is was draw.

Comment

Working...
                      X