Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Do People Pretend That Wilder Wasn't Signed to Fight the #2 HW in The World.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yammy -

But I'm not criticizing AJ. He's young, he just won his title, it was understandable to make a couple easier defenses before a big fight.

What I'm criticizing is the double standard utilized by the Wilder haters. It doesn't make any sense to say Wilder has a weak resume if he has the strongest resume of all the heavyweight champs. It just shows a blatant bias.

Wilder & AJ have been boxing around the same amount of time. The difference is that Wilder went pro very quickly, which is why he was worked up the rankings much slower than AJ.

But that doesn't change the fact that Wilder's best win (TBRB #3) is better than AJ's best win (TBRB #9).

There's no need to be a fan boy. I've got nothing against AJ. I'm rooting for him and Wilder to keep winning so they can unify. May the best man win.

Laced Up -

The facts don't support your premise. There's no disputing that Wilder has the best win of any current heavyweight champion.

There's no disputing he's the longest reigning champion.

There's no disputing his belt has the longest unbroken lineage.

If Wilder has the best win and his second best win is as good as the others' best win, then criticizing his resume is silly. You are silly. And a hater. A silly hater. Confirmed.

Comment

Originally posted by yammy25 View Post
      I didnt disagree with that... but the point that was made was that people love smashin americans down when they dont do well from the huge standard made for them, because they are black and haymon fighters.

That isnt the case..

Americans are put on a plinth because your abilities and accolades in sport are second to none, but when you get someone who isnt American come along say.... Tyson Fury ? Conor Mcgregor? Lomachenko? ( im using all sports not just boxing) etc etc who could challenge that or dethrones you we will take pleasure in it.

That isnt because you are black, and if you had the same accolades you could be any other country. Its done because the people who have shouted and taunted for so long that they are the best at a certain thing, no longer have the right to shout that they are the best at a certain thing. especially when what they shout about being the best, has nowhere near proved it.

You might disagree that you arent the best, im not saying you are or arent, im giving you a reason why people love knocking dfown americans.
      i can dig it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
        Because that is when he wanted to fight, he didn't want to sit around. Why does he have to fight on any schedule but his own?
        Is this serious? Am I on hidden camera or something?

Why should he fight anyone other than who he wants to fight, right? That's the same question. Clearly he's been fighting who he wants to and not who the public wants him to.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
          Is this serious? Am I on hidden camera or something?

Why should he fight anyone other than who he wants to fight, right? That's the same question. Clearly he's been fighting who he wants to and not who the public wants him to.
          You act like that fight came together right away, it took weeks. It is not like the Povetkin fight fell apart and the next day they announced the Arreola fight. It was like 6 week notice tops and generally speaking for a major 12 round fight 8 week is a standard camp. Plus others would have plans already set up because normally bigger names are planning months ahead.

What the **** are you crying about? It is what it is a fight put together with haste against a guy that is relatively well known in the market. Not some big deal~

Comment

Yes you need TV and date venues, That's true.

So, and walk with me here, no date had been set before Povetkin got caught. right? right.
            So there's an option to settle a fight in August or September (we're in May now), right? right. -> If he chose this option - He could get a serious opponent who's not going to jump in with 5 weeks training, who's an actual contender

He CHOOSES to fight in July giving whoever guy 5 weeks to prepare. This just happened to be the fat slob Arreola. Why did he choose to fight in July when he knows no serious contender would take it?

Because he was in shape in May? Are you that fuking dumb? Are you listening to the BS you are coming out with?

I suppose now you're going to tell me that no TV or venues were available for a big heavyweight title clash in August or September
            I'm arguing with a dude that thinks fight deals between top fighters get done in one month. The Povetkin fight was scheduled for May 21st. So between June and July, Lacedup Promotions can go out, find a top heavyweight fighter, negotiate a deal, seal a TV date, determine purses, properly promote the fight for a date in August or September.

Thank god you aren't a promoter.

Comment

"replacement opponent" two months after original fight date.

I'm in tears over this stupidity
              That statement is dumb, Arreola was not a replacement opponent... that was 2 months later. It was a brand new fight, Wilder saw the chance to fight a bum and he took it.

For instance Washington is a replacement opponent, he kept the exact same date.

How people are trying to claim they are the same thing is hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                Wilder was going to fight Povetkin at a point when Povetkin was not no.2 heavyweight. Fury, Wlad were 1-2 by that point.

But I take your point, Wilder was finally fighting someone of note and yes, it fell through...so what? Wilder souldn't ever fight ag ood opponent again?

I don't get it, what exactly is the point? Fan shouldnt criticise a fighter who has not fought a isngle live opponent in 2 or 3 years or however long its been since he won the title. Theg uy had to go to war with 3 bums and a fring contender.

Seriously man, you're just as bad as the guys hwo have the other agenda. Just call it how it is. And suppor tthe heavyweights who are fighting each other e.g. AJ, Wlad, Parker and HF.
                You're confusing the issues. In my opening post I stated that Wilder's resume was ****. He needs to step up his opposition.

This thread is a response to the people questioning his willingness to fight the best. He was signed to fight Povetkin on his turf. Whether you feel he was 1,2,3,4,5,6 or 7 it would have been an excellent chance for Wilder to prove himself against a live body.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                  You act like that fight came together right away, it took weeks. It is not like the Povetkin fight fell apart and the next day they announced the Arreola fight. It was like 6 week notice tops and generally speaking for a major 12 round fight 8 week is a standard camp. Plus others would have plans already set up because normally bigger names are planning months ahead.

What the **** are you crying about? It is what it is a fight put together with haste against a guy that is relatively well known in the market. Not some big deal~
                  These guys just don't understand the process of making a fight happen. They all post here often so I'm sure they get it. The poll results seem to provide some much needed clarity on this topic.

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
                    You're confusing the issues. In my opening post I stated that Wilder's resume was ****. He needs to step up his opposition.

This thread is a response to the people questioning his willingness to fight the best. He was signed to fight Povetkin on his turf. Whether you feel he was 1,2,3,4,5,6 or 7 it would have been an excellent chance for Wilder to prove himself against a live body.
                    But why are you defending him? He had the opportunity to fight either Fury or Ortiz, the former was probably blowing smoke, and yet he chose an unknown. Wilder fights bums every year and before every right there are several press releases where we're told he is just warming up to fight one of the names. 3 years, not a single name.

How long are you going to hang your coat on this "well, he was going to fight Povetkin" crap?

edit: by you I dont necessarily mean you, I mean the people who have brought it up several times on this forum

Comment

• Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
                      That statement is dumb, Arreola was not a replacement opponent... that was 2 months later. It was a brand new fight, Wilder saw the chance to fight a bum and he took it.

For instance Washington is a replacement opponent, he kept the exact same date.

How people are trying to claim they are the same thing is hilarious.
                      Couldn't have put it better myself.

Comment

Working...
                      X