No announcement yet.

A Physical Dialogue: Ward vs Kovalev

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by escudo View Post

Here it is guys, my take on this modern classic.Enjoy.
    Wow! impressive analysis. That must have taken quite sometime

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
      Know anything about boxers Art Jimmerson or James Warring? I remember Bart Vale from WCC tourney.
      Nope. Not even if they were boxers or kick boxers.
      Last edited by billeau2; 02-21-2017, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
        Yes, please do. I heard originally, the owners wanted a student of Ken Shamrock's, but then decided to invite Shamrock himself and a fighting legend was born in the US, after being known already in Japan. Do you know which student that was? My guess would be Guy Metzger, since he later competed himself. And what do you know about boxer Art Jimmerson, who competed in the first tournament? How good a boxer was James Warring?

A quick google search shows Jimmerson was 28-5 in boxing before entering UFC 1, fighting mostly out of st louis. He was on a 12 fight win streak and won some kind of random alphabet soup belt. Royce tapped him and his famous single glove out in seconds. Jimmerson was told before the fight about BJJ and how the holds can break limbs. Royce took him down and mounted him, Jimmerson tapped purely out of fear. IIRC he also had a title defense coming up and was getting paid something like triple what he made for entering the UFC, so it was in his interest to get out without injury. IIRC he was also far and away the highest payed guy in the tournament.He is nw the head boxing coach at a UFC gym out in Cali.

Comment

Cool. And yeah, I knew about the tournament stuff too, just not the other info, so thanks. Warring I believe was mostly a boxer, but also did some kickboxing. His most memorable fight was in the World Combat Championship tournament where he held on to the hair of a kickboxer with his left hand and kept punching him in the face with straight punches and uppercuts with his right and only wore hand wraps instead of gloves, so he could grab the opponent for grappling.

Comment

Working...
          X