Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Robert Easter vs. Denis Shafikov - Ordered By IBF To Reach Deal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
    Should Canelo stop hanging around Oscar before he becomes a cross dressing come head alcoholic?
    De La Hoya is not a model either but at least he had a great career and he's definitely someone young boxers can look up to in that regard. Besides, he's not Canelo's buddy, he's his promoter and almost old enough to be his father.

I think someone like Broner could POTENTIALLY have a negative influence on a young fighter who hasn't made big money yet and still has a lot to prove. You see the popularity, the money, the titles in four weight-classes and you start to emulate him because you think the guy is a an example to follow. I consider Broner a bad example in and out of the ring for obvious reasons. This is just my opinion. Influence is universal, it affects almost everyone, to different extents, but it's very hard to escape it.

We are talking about a fighter with a questionable work ethic, who doesn't even seem to care when he loses, yet you sound offended as if I lashed out at someone who had been beyond reproach so far.
    Last edited by Loque-san; 02-16-2017, 08:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Loque-san View Post
      De La Hoya is not a model either but at least he had a great career and he's definitely someone young boxers can look up to in that regard. Besides, he's not Canelo's buddy, he's his promoter and almost old enough to be his father.

I think someone like Broner could POTENTIALLY have a negative influence on a young fighter who hasn't made big money yet and still has a lot to prove. You see the popularity, the money, the titles in four weight-classes and you start to emulate him because you think the guy is a an example to follow. I consider Broner a bad example in and out of the ring for obvious reasons. This is just my opinion. Influence is universal, it affects almost everyone, to different extents, but it's very hard to escape it.

We are talking about a fighter with a questionable work ethic, who doesn't even seem to care when he loses, yet you sound offended as if I lashed out at someone who had been beyond reproach so far.
      De La Hoya just got arrested for drunken driving. On the biggest fight of Canelo's career De La Hoya was in rehab. De La Hoya is an older man doing this stuff. Easter and Broner are young guys who are going to make mistakes. Broner is going thru a rough patch and you think Easter should abandon him when he needs his support? You're a horrible person and weak minded individual. Only a weak mind would automatically assume another person can influence you. How do you know Easter isn't the one influencing Broner to do better? You don't abandon your friends, especially when they were with you when nobody else believed in you.
      Last edited by Motorcity Cobra; 02-16-2017, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Should Canelo stop hanging around Oscar before he becomes a cross dressing come head alcoholic?
        hahahahahaha

Comment

De La Hoya just got arrested for drunken driving. On the biggest fight of Canelo's career De La Hoya was in rehab. De La Hoya is an older man doing this stuff. Easter and Broner are young guys who are going to make mistakes. Broner is going thru a rough patch and you think Easter should abandon him when he needs his support? You're a horrible person and weak minded individual. Only a weak mind would automatically assume another person can influence you. How do you know Easter isn't the one influencing Broner to do better? You don't abandon your friends, especially when they were with you when nobody else believed in you.
          You're not very bright are you? Why do you keep bringing up Oscar? I DID SAY he had a great career but he's not a model otherwise. I said Broner could POTENTIALLY have a bad influence on Easter. And your speech about friendship and loyalty was bordeline cringeworthy. Keep living in your fantasy world buddy.

That was my last reply. Let's just agree to disagree.

Comment

Originally posted by Loque-san View Post
            You're not very bright are you? Why do you keep bringing up Oscar? I DID SAY he had a great career but he's not a model otherwise. I said Broner could POTENTIALLY have a bad influence on Easter. And your speech about friendship and loyalty was bordeline cringeworthy. Keep living in your fantasy world buddy.

That was my last reply. Let's just agree to disagree.
            I brought up Oscar cuz he has the potential to be a worse influence on Canelo than Broner on Easter. Honestly, I think Canelo and Easter aren't going to be influenced by Oscar and Broner. I think Oscar and Canelo have a business relationship and Broner and Easter have a genuine friendship. You don't drop your friends when you find success. Especially when your friend is the one who believed in you and got you where you are.

I keep asking you how do you know Easter isn't a positive influence on Broner? Out of all the times Broner has gotten in trouble, Easter hasn't been there with him. Seeing the success Easter is having can inspire and motivate Broner. From everything I've seen of Easter Jr he seems like a good guy. Those are the type of people Broner needs around him, not enablers.

Comment

Originally posted by gauze View Post
              easter won the vacant IBF title in his fight against commey last september. besides, mikey is mexican and has the wbc title. he probably won't have to do any mandatories lol
              I mean he just fought saturday though! Let the man live a minute he still probably hasn't even come down from his fight hype yet

Comment

If Shafikov wins we're gonna see how they'll be complaining about another american ATG in the making getting robbed, like it was some Illuminati plot. If it's not a robbery then it will be a lucky punch

If Easter wins these suckers gonna say another Euro hypejob got exposed, and act like Shafikov was being hyped as elite here. Deep down they gonna be happy as **** that their boy got a win over some euro even if that euro is a b level. "Euro" brings more value to the scalp for them THAT'S WHY they're gonna act like everybody was on Shafikov's nuts and he got exposed
                Last edited by g27region; 02-17-2017, 05:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X