Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would Zab Judah have dominated the era with better conditioning?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Despite his aforementioned flaws, I think Judah did fine overall. He had titles at 140 and 147, defended 140 4x or so and in the round robin mid 2000's was lineal for a minute at 147.

Sure he lost the big ones but a lot of guys wouldn't mind the successful parts of his career.

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
      Despite his aforementioned flaws, I think Judah did fine overall. He had titles at 140 and 147, defended 140 4x or so and in the round robin mid 2000's was lineal for a minute at 147.

Sure he lost the big ones but a lot of guys wouldn't mind the successful parts of his career.
      Yeah he still got the fame and money (maybe?) that he always wanted. Although I don't know why he started fighting again.

Comment

Nothing to do with conditioning, it was more mental, soon as he got touched he suddenly couldn't pull the trigger, find the same counters and lost all composure.

Comment

His problem isn't his conditioning. A certain amount of fatigue is inevitable when you're in a tough fight. Zab's problem is that he shuts down with half a tank where other fighters adapt.

Comment

He would not have dominated the era, but he could have won some fights he lost with better conditioning. And a fighter can look shredded from here until tomorrow, doesn't mean they can go a full 12 comfortably. Morales was never shredded, neither was Tito and they could fight a 12 round fight like no body's business.

Judah's conditioning was horrible, especially for a champion. And conditioning absolutely does and can make an average fighter special. So in that sense, why couldn't it make an extremely athletic fighter that much better?? It's easy to adapt to a fighter who's huffing and puffing after 4 rounds and losing offensive capabilities by the tick.

Comment

Working...
            X