Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kovalev: Golovkin-Canelo is 50-50, Canelo Held His Own With GGG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quote:
    Originally Posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
    Canelo and Khan take alotta crapola on these blogs, from fans who have written them off. But it's my guess that Canelo will make a good accounting of himself vs GGG. And I would say win a UD. He's in his prime, as many have said, while GGG is getting old. If Canelo can keep some fast combinations going for most of the fight, he will confuse GGG to no end. He will have to be consistent throughout though. Can't give GGG any room to get comfortable.

Originally posted by whoseyourdaddy View Post
    GGG beats Canelo that's the bottom line, having said that I think Canelo may be the hardest fight for GGG but will still succumb to 3G.
    Could be, but as confused as Brook had your hero for a couple rounds there, I'd not be surprised if Canelo is just too much for him. It will tell alot early on, the reaction from GGG after Canelo rips off some rapid fire combos.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
      I'm still trying to figure out what gives the rights of his fans to make fun of other boxers resumes???? I mean GGG has a "Where's Waldo/Pick out my next fight" type of resume. Sht they would be better off just giving out bingo numbers to ppl and who wins gets GGG. When your best fight is against a hockey legend like Mario Lemuix and the Buffalo Bills of Boxing Martin 0-4 Murray your a FKN JOKE!!!! When your 35 years old
      And such a great amateur record to boast about

Comment

• Originally posted by angkag
        GGG struggled in that fight ? He lost a round for sure (and if you want to agree with the judges, 2 of whom gave him round 1 even though GGG outscored Brook in every measurable stat + staggered him, then he lost more than 1).

He showed almost no regard for Brook's power so took shots, but if you want to see what happens when he does respect the power of the other guy, watch the Lemieux fight.

Anyway, if that's GGG struggling (vs Brook), that's some high praise.

He will fight Canelo more like he fought Lemieux and it will be a lot more technical than with Brook. Canelo will need to get past the jab and land while protecting himself against counters. He won't want to get in a firefight with GGG, although that might break out if one of them gets hurt.

I see Canelo as more capable than Lemieux at getting past GGG's jab to make a fight of it, but I suspect he will take hurtful counters early that reduce his aggression and keep him from moving forward as often as he would like (definition of keeping him honest). Could stay technical at distance for long periods, which plays into GGG's hands more than Canelo. Then Canelo will go for it if he feels he's falling behind on the cards and a fight breaks out, then someone gets hurt - could go either way, but odds are Canelo gets hurt first.

ps. GGG and Rigo are chalk and cheese in how they fight, but they have ONE thing in common. Rigo has skills in his toolbox that he's almost never used as he hasn't needed to - at his peak his foot-speed and straight left were enough to beat pretty much everyone, he didn't have to employ half of the tools he had. GGG also has skills he has hardly used - that was why the Lemieux fight came as such a surprise as he used tools he hadn't needed against anyone else. It doesn't mean the 'destruction mode activated - march forward - forget the defence' is the only thing he can do. Its what he has used a lot - but lets not pretend that's the only tool in his box.

Originally posted by Metho_4u View Post
        You're a tool

LMAO

Originally posted by Mr. Objectivity View Post
        I applaude Kov, trying to give Canelo some confidence....LOL...wink wink
        Originally posted by icha View Post
        now say it without the tears...

Kovalev doubled his fanbase after the Ward fight

now he is back to where he was before the Ward fight

Comment

• Taking Thurman, Ward (decisively this time--last one could've been a draw to me), and GGG oddly.
          Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
          For sure!!! The year starts out with Santa Cruz vs. Frampton with Mikey Garcia on the undercard fighting a VERY dangerous boxer. Then we have Thurman vs. Garcia. Hopefully a Kov. / Ward rematch. Heck even Khan/Brook is going to happen... I think hell just froze over.

Have GGG vs. Canelo finish it up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Travycat View Post
            Taking Thurman, Ward (decisively this time--last one could've been a draw to me), and GGG oddly.
            Can't argue with those pics.

I'm taking Danny over Thurman. Garcia has already cost me $$$$ twice Betting against him.Some reason he fights up or down to the competition in front of him.

Ward also

Split on Canelo/GGG. I'll probably just bet the over.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
              Lol if you say so. I'm sure you already had House Arrest Wade in the boxing HOFame.

You know he had even worse odds of winning then Rod Salka did against Danny Garcia lol... U are a very special type of stupid.
              nope you are. sorry i dont speak ghetto thuggish homie.

Comment

• Originally posted by icha View Post
                now say it without the tears... :
                tears from laughing out loud.

Comment

• At this point their sparring session was too long ago to take anything seriously from. It's already questionable simply for being sparring, but at this point both have grown as fighters. Especially Alvarez.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Objectivity View Post
                    Come again? You mean canelo fighting cans?
                    Canelos resume ****s all over GGG's and it aint even close

Comment

• Originally posted by larry x.. View Post
                      Canelos resume ****s all over GGG's and it aint even close
                      Canelo has a SLIGHT edge i agree, too bad a lot of people are ducking GGG including canelo, which isnt his fault.

Comment

Working...
                      X