Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rate from 1-10. GGGs win over (washed up?) Daniel Geale

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Despite obvious trolls pulling the values around, the mean of the 25 votes currently casted is 6.0. Seems like a reasonable assessment.

So what do y'all think of this win in the context of his career - is this the best win on his resume? Do you think Lemieux or another fighter was a better win?
    Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 12-13-2016, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
      How do you rate this GGG win?

Is this a signature win for GGG?

Did Daniel Geale's age affect the outcome of this fight?

State your reason.
      7....he was a former champion....but had recently lost to wholly average Darren Barker...then got blitzed by Cotto after GGG did the trick....without the loss to Barker prior...he'd have gotten an 8

Comment

Despite the obvious trolls pulling the values around, the mean of votes casted is currently 6.0.

So what do y'all think of this win in the context of his career - is this the best win on his resume? Do you think Lemieux or another fighter was a better win?
        Murray a case could be made he beat Martinez, and GGG knocked him around without him taking a solitary round in 11 one sided rounds. Lemiuex and Geale were title holders, albeit Geale was on a downward trajectory before they fought Lemiuex was in the ascendency yet he wasnt all that good to begin with a relied heavily on a his huge punching power to bank rounds, dude literally loses evy round he don't knock his opponent down that in itself tells you how poor he is as an actual boxer.

I'd say Murray is his best win, Geale and Lemieux his signature wins. I don't really consider the Brook win a great win, it was a good win but all these fights he's expected to win, and in the fashion he usually does I never expected Geale to capitulate like he did though, GGG really impressed me that night even if his defence proved suspect still, I see why he is hesitant to go up to 168 or beyond, Kessler Ward and Froch would have beat him at the full sm limit.

Comment

You know the middleweight division sucks when Geale is top 5...

Comment

Thought about it for a good minute and I went with 4, I see thats the popular opinion as well. Geale, a fighter who can't punch, defend well or move for that matter, not a good combination.

Comment

Despite obvious trolls pulling the values around, the mean of the 25 votes currently casted is 6.0. Seems like a reasonable assessment.

Erase 10 out of the equation, those are obvious trolls.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
                Erase 10 out of the equation, those are obvious trolls.
                With enough votes the affect those guys have shouldn't be too bad. But I agree that the votes for 10 are hilariously mislead. There are many big wins I wouldn't consider a 10, and by no means is Geale post Barker a 'big' win.

The mean [of 29] is now 6.21, but without the 10s - and hell, let's remove the 1 as well - it would be 5.19.
                Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 12-13-2016, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Le bump.

Current Mean - 5.84/10
                  Current Median - 6.00/10

Comment

Working...
                  X