Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is a better knockout artist? Kovalev or GGG?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HEND View Post
    Golovkin slightly has the higher percentage but Kovalev knocked out better opposition than Golovkin

also it seems Kovalev can hurt people more with single punches than Golovkin

so I'm going with Kovalev
    I'd disagree there actually who are these top fighters that kovalev has knocked out? Pascal? Cleverly? -- I'd argue that Murray/Lemieux are AT LEAST on a par with anybody kovalev has knocked out to date and if anything when he has faced slick/tricky opponents they have shown they can go the distance against kovalev (Hopkins/Chilemba) I would say that Golovkin has more facets to his game and is more dynamic than kovalev.
    Last edited by Daddy T; 09-08-2016, 04:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy T View Post
      I'd disagree there actually who are these top fighters that kovalev has knocked out? Pascal? Cleverly? -- I'd argue that Murray/Lemieux are AT LEAST on a par with anybody kovalev has knocked out to date and if anything when he has faced slick/tricky opponents they have shown they can go the distance against kovalev (Hopkins/Chilemba) I would say that Golovkin has more facets to his game and is more dynamic than kovalev.
      I'd definitely put even the past prime Pascal on a higher level than any of Golovkin's opponents.

On the others you may be right, they are similar level to Golovkin's opponents but Pascal makes a difference.

and I doN't think Golovkin is any more dynamic than KOvalev, Kovalev uses more movement to his punches than Golovkin. They have more motion, more dynamism.

Comment

Originally posted by punchr View Post

Who is the superior KO artist between Sergey "Krusher" Kovalev and Gennady "GGG" Golovkin?

Post and discuss.
        Both are great finishers, but I think GGG is the more impressive puncher. GGG rarely over commits on his punches, is almost always in great position and has great balance. The fact the guy can generate the amount of power he does without loading up is kind of crazy. He is more than capable of highlight reel knockouts, he has several, but he just is'nt going to allow himself to be put in a bad spot by trying to put to much zip on every punch. Its part of what I really like about him. He has the kind of power where he could just fall in love with it and just blast away, but he chooses to be paitent and systematicly break you down.

Its debateable who is actually the bigger puncher, but I prefer how GGG goes about his business in the ring.

Comment

Working...
        X