No announcement yet.

2015-2016 Middleweight Tournament

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015-2016 Middleweight Tournament

Unofficial and unplanned, but we will have six of the top MWs fighting this fall:

Golovkin vs Lemieux

Cotto vs Canelo

Quillin vs Jacobs

And the WBC has stated that the winners of the first two fights must face each other (we'll see if that actually comes to fruition; I'm keeping my fingers crossed).

Hopefully the winner of Quillin-Jacobs will decide to fight Andy Lee for the WBO strap, and the winner of that matchup can face the man holding the other three belts in mid to late 2016.

I know I'm being a bit optimistic, but we could finally see the first undisputed MW champ since Jermain Taylor was stripped of his belts back in '06.

If all of these fights do happen, who would you pick to become the champ?

-------------------------
    Gennady Golovkin
    90.00%
    David Lemieux
    0.00%
    Miguel Cotto
    10.00%
    Canelo Alvarez
    0.00%
    Peter Quillin
    0.00%
    Danny Jacobs
    0.00%
    Andy Lee
    0.00%

This comes down to if Lou DiBella will be ordered by his master, Al Haymon, to have Lee fight the Quillin-Jacobs winner. If so, then it will be impossible for the division to be unified because Haymon would never let one of his guys fight Golovkin in a million years, and it doesn't seem like quillin or jacobs would want to anyways.

The only hope for one true champion is for Golovkin to beat Lemieux, Lee, and Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by PK3434 View Post
      This comes down to if Lou DiBella will be ordered by his master, Al Haymon, to have Lee fight the Quillin-Jacobs winner. If so, then it will be impossible for the division to be unified because Haymon would never let one of his guys fight Golovkin in a million years, and it doesn't seem like quillin or jacobs would want to anyways.

The only hope for one true champion is for Golovkin to beat Lemieux, Lee, and Canelo.

If the winner of Quillin-Jacobs is kept away from the unified champ, then it will show that Haymon deserves the criticism he receives.

Comment

i have a feeling that haymon is going to bid big to get quillin or jacobs another shot at andy lee's wbo. he's got a lot of good middles and jr middles in his stable and he needs a strap for them to fight over

Comment

Working...
        X