Friendly reminder that boxers decline at 31, and Beterbiev is old

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
    Friendly reminder that boxers decline at 31, and Beterbiev is old
    ... sure... this is right for that "Slavic stock"... and Gvozdyk himself is 32 1/2 yo already... then what?...

Comment

I remember seeing something on twitter like a year ago or more that someone said David Lemieux slept him in sparring. Someone said it. How true any of it is I have no idea.

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
        Nah bruh, he's going to be prime for at least 7 more years.

Just ask Canelo fans
        Lmao nah he’s gonna be prime until he faces a good fighter and doesn’t look like the killer he was against low level opp. Just ask the G fans^

Comment

Originally posted by mxtali View Post
          Lmao nah he’s gonna be prime until he faces a good fighter and doesn’t look like the killer he was against low level opp. Just ask the G fans^
          How many of us we're calling him prime at 34?

Comment

This is what I am wondering too...if he is starting to slip a little bit...interesting fight, should be a good one

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
              How many of us we're calling him prime at 34?
              According to Canelo fans. You can't be prime unless you struggle, and then you are in your prime and is not actually not that good.

Comment

Originally posted by The tucker View Post
                And people wanted floyd to fight canelo at age 42 lol.
                Not everyone ages the same, its like how one person may smoke cigarettes for most of their lives and never get cancer. Yet another person does it for 10 or so years and they suddenly have cancer. Everyone reacts different, it surely also makes a difference if you treat your body well.

Comment

So is GGG, way old:
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZ7X6l-uln4

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
                    According to Canelo fans. You can't be prime unless you struggle, and then you are in your prime and is not actually not that good.
                    He didn't KO Jacobs doe

Comment

I don't think there is a specific age that a fighter starts declining. The varies for a number of reasons.

But if you look at most professional boxers they have been doing it for a number of years that includes their amateur career. That is a lot of wear and tear on the body on such a brutal sport.

Comment

Working...
                      X