Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greater fighter, Harry Wills or Sam Langford?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greater fighter, Harry Wills or Sam Langford?

Which do you consider the greater fighter of these two classic fighters?

Poll added.
    Harry Wills
    37.14%
    Sam Langford
    62.86%

Langford was the greater fighter, but Wills was probably the better heavyweight.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
      Langford was the greater fighter, but Wills was probably the better heavyweight.
      This, Langfords overall career is infinitely better then Wills' but as a heavyweight Wills probably takes it, although still kinda close.
      Ivich Ivich likes this.

Comment

At heavyweight Wills is better which is highlighted by his 14 or so wins over Langford excl a couple of draws and only 2 defeats. He also has wins over Sam mcvea and Joe Jeanette, Who are the same guys that make up the bulk of Sam Langfords hwavyweight resume.

In my opinion Wills probably the best heavyweight never to win a title alongside Quarry and Langford himself, but Wills was the best.

Comment

And for the record, I voted Wills because I know you made this thread per our discussion in the Dempsey thread where I clearly highlighted it was only at heavyweight.

As I also said in that thread, Langford is by far the better fighter all round and his resume is much better than Wills' overall.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
            And for the record, I voted Wills because I know you made this thread per our discussion in the Dempsey thread where I clearly highlighted it was only at heavyweight.

As I also said in that thread, Langford is by far the better fighter all round and his resume is much better than Wills' overall.
            So there you have it.

Comment

Originally posted by -Weltschmerz- View Post
              So there you have it.

Yeah you do have it there.

It would suit you to pick up a boxing book.

Comment

Comment

The he would have to learn to read! His usual method works well enough...."ah lets see? Klit number one Klit number two, let me find a black guy then two more white guys then another black guy...walla list complete!"

Comment

how many h2h fights was Langford blinded in against Wills?

Comment

Working...
                    X