No announcement yet.

Can a case be made that Dirk Nowitizki is greater than Kobe Bryant

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
    Really inefficient player that has always been on some really stacked teams.
    LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL........................

The all time greats think otherwise...

Comment

Just no, Kobe is clearly better although Dirk is one of the best of his era and a first ballot HOFer. In my mind Dirk is Top 15-20 all time while Kobe is Top 10.

Comment

People saying Iverson was just a chucked are idiots.

Iverson played in an era where they allowed defenses to touch, grab, and play physical.
        The guy was 5ft 10 and 180 tops playing against the biggest most athletic players on the planet.
        And was still playing good defense with his size.
        He was a threat to drop fifty points every game in his prime.
        There is a reason all your favorite players now grew up
        Wanting to be AI.

Kobe is considered by many to be 1b only below 1a Micheal Jordan I. The top players of all time.
        He was a better scorer and shooter than MJ.
        Micheal was a better defender and passer although Kobe wasn't a slouch either.
        If Kobe had stayed healthy no broken fingers, knee, hand,
        Achilles, we would be talking 6 or 7 rings on his resume.

Like I said there is no time Dirk ever was the best SF or PF so how can he be better than a guy that was the best at his position and the best in the league for a long stretch? Dirk has always also
        Been known for being a subpar defender and rebounder.

The Mavs beating the Cavs that year was more about Lebron choking than Dirk being better.

I don't care what you want to compare stats, rings, or eye
        Test, Kobe is a far better player than Dirk ever was. Not
        Ever on the same level. I would even say it's disrespectful
        To even suggest that.

Comment

Originally posted by MaD RoBoT View Post
          nowadays?

have you seen how pathetic the Eastern Conference is? Iverson overachieved in 2001 but in todays era especially in the East, he (and that Sixers lineup) could give Lebron a run for his money
          The East as bad as it is is way better than it used to be.

https://www.basketball-reference.com.../PHI/2001.html

Look at how bad this 76ers roster is. Who exactly would you counter Lebron with? Kukoc? I don't see a single player that you could guard Lebron with let alone Irving and Love as well.

Lebron, Love, Shumpert, Deron Williams, Smith, Thompson, Korver, Frye, Jefferson, Green, Derrick Williams VS

Mutombo, Ratliff, Kukoc, Snow, ???, ???.

Irving easily cancels out Iverson's production considering he played 0 defense.

The Cavs would stretch the floor with Love/Jefferson/Frye to neutralize Mutombo/Ratliff's shot blocking as neither men could punish them on offense. The Cavs would win and very very very very very easily, that 2001 76ers squad is lottery level talent these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post
            LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL........................

The all time greats think otherwise...
            Most NBA players are just casual fans that don't really analyze stats and just go with whatever the media tells them. I mean you don't have to be a genius to play in the NBA, it's basketball.

Have you seen how bad guys like Jordan, Bird, Thomas etc. have been as GM's? Bird was the guy that traded Leonard for George Hill.

Rick Fox is another dude that was literally made into a hollywood celebrity just because he played for LA, I cannot make that up.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
              Most NBA players are just casual fans that don't really analyze stats and just go with whatever the media tells them. I mean you don't have to be a genius to play in the NBA, it's basketball.

Have you seen how bad guys like Jordan, Bird, Thomas etc. have been as GM's? Bird was the guy that traded Leonard for George Hill.

Rick Fox is another dude that was literally made into a hollywood celebrity just because he played for LA, I cannot make that up.
              I'm taking about players on the court.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingTech718 View Post
                He was a better scorer and shooter than MJ.
                From long range, yeah, I'd give the nod to Kobe.

Scorer?

10 scoring titles, highest PPG average in the regular season and playoffs, and the only player besides Wilt to score 3000 points in a season say different.

Comment

Wow Kobe fanboys are still around

Comment

No............

Comment

Working...
                    X