No announcement yet.

Loeffler said you can make a case for GGG getting 50/50 against Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr. Stark View Post
    What does that have to do with anything?
    If you can't afford to pay your opponents are paying their opponents you don't deserve a 50/50 split

Comment

What did their last PPV's do?

Comment

Golovkin should be entitled to about 35% of everything. This is the only fight where they can get to over 1M buys and they need each other.

Comment

80/20 is fair for both, 70/30 is too good to GGG.

Comment

I think it's obvious who really needs the other guy from a financial gain point of view, so I think 65-35 would be fair..... you'd think GGG having all the belts would mean more but such is Canelo's position of power that his side will decide when the fight happens. It's like Golovkin is getting the shot at Canelo despite being the champ.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
              If you can't afford to pay your opponents are paying their opponents you don't deserve a 50/50 split
              Split has to do with PPV buys and how much money a fighter can generate with their name. It has nothing to do with how much money they can offer opponents. I agree Canelo deserves the bulk of the split but that **** has nothing to do with it.

Comment

I dont care if its 50/50, 60/40 or 90/10. I just want to see the bloody fight. With the way some of the fanboys/haters talk on here you would think they dont want to see the fight materialize.

Some people are more interested in the drama and boxing politics outside the ring than the potential drama in it.

Comment

De La Hoya gave Loeffler his coke stash after he went clean so you gotta Loeffler a pass.

Comment

Originally posted by All in View Post
                    Nowhere but he has almost a year to hammer out the best deal possible. Would you settle today for a fight a year out? Should pacquiao have taken the 40mil flat offer?
                    they reported Pac went broke after the May fight, and May was on record saying that through the grt vine ''Pac is in some serious financial trouble...referring to taxes.'' one of the reasons why Floyd did Pac the favor.

if he's always broke, including after the mega fight, what would it matter how much money he made in 2010?

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                      But they can't even afford to pay Jacobs $3 mil (two quillins) !?!?!?

Loeffler brings up the belts. Canelo has proven he's bigger than belts and he doesn't care to much about them.

Somebody make a case for 50/50 against Canelo. I'm all ears
                      Did he? I've not seen that yet. Well yes, I suppose that's accurate in a sense, you could make such a case.... but only if you're willing to become the laughing stock of the sport.

Realistically I think the broad consensus is that Golovkin's worth something like 30 - 35%.
                      Last edited by Citizen Koba; 10-21-2016, 04:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X