how good is lou dibella as a promoter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how good is lou dibella as a promoter

and who is better, him or gary shaw?

is it ideal for a young fighter to sign with one those guys?

especially if they r from abroad?

He's your typical hypocrite.

Goosen is the best lower tier promoter out there imo.

Comment

DiBella, i guess

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Donald View Post

They are the bottom feeders of the Promotion world, yes they might get the off one fighter like Goosen with Ward, Dibella with Martinez, or Shaw with Angulo but typically they get the fighters that GBP or Toprank didnt want so those fighters have no choice but to sign with dibella/goosen/shaw.

And they are all the same they dont have the leverage to put on their own shows so their fighters will never make top dollar for their fights.

Comment

Dibella puts on those popular Ballroom boxing shows in NY, Shaw has been getting his guys work though despite looking like shit

Comment

who's better...dibella..goosen or shaw

Comment

i would go with gary shaw.. i like how he professionally handled his dispute with bradley.. he didn't go to media and trash talk bradley.. his interviews come across as a decent guy..

Comment

I actually like DiBella, he tells it like it is but he is limited as a promoter, he don't have the Power of Top Rank or GBP so that makes things difficult

Politics in Boxing makes it impossible for the Smaller Promoters

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                  I actually like DiBella, he tells it like it is but he is limited as a promoter, he don't have the Power of Top Rank or GBP so that makes things difficult

Politics in Boxing makes it impossible for the Smaller Promoters
                  Not really. Oscar De La Hoya isn't some aristocrat. He is from East LA lol.

DiBella is a good promoter, I think Sampson is the talent agent though. He's the best. Dibella had a chance to sign Algieri and passed.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Donald View Post

I dont think Dibella did a good job with my boy Martinez. I just hope Martinez can retire and not have to fight for pay days.

That would be sad to see and a terrible way for a 2 weight world champion and former True Middleweight Champion to go.

Comment

Working...
                    X