No announcement yet.

Sabbath and AIC comparison

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sabbath and AIC comparison

I always thought there were certain rather uncanny similarities between the careers of Black Sabbath and Alice in Chains. First of all, AIC was directly inspired by Sabbath, it was one of their major influences. Second, both bands wrote song about controversial matters, satanism and the occult in Sabbath's case and drugs in AIC's case. And third, both made their best stuff within 5 years. They made all their best stuff within those 5 years and its amazing when you think about what they made in just 5 years. It takes a normal band to achieve that about 10 years at least. Their riffs and tunings were similar, as is the case with most other grunge bands, they all had a sound that was reminiscent of Sabbath, low, droning and deep.

Originally posted by Pastrano View Post
    I always thought there were certain rather uncanny similarities between the careers of Black Sabbath and Alice in Chains. First of all, AIC was directly inspired by Sabbath, it was one of their major influences. Second, both bands wrote song about controversial matters, satanism and the occult in Sabbath's case and drugs in AIC's case. And third, both made their best stuff within 5 years. They made all their best stuff within those 5 years and its amazing when you think about what they made in just 5 years. It takes a normal band to achieve that about 10 years at least. Their riffs and tunings were similar, as is the case with most other grunge bands, they all had a sound that was reminiscent of Sabbath, low, droning and deep.
    Sabbath may have been a huge influence on the likes of Stayley and Cantrell, but stylistically, their music isn't that similar imo. I much prefer AIC over Sabbath, but grunge of course have most aspects evolved from 70s Heavy Rock bands such as Sabbath and Deep Purple.

Also, with the exception of Pearl Jam, a majority of grunge bands only peak for a very short amount of time.

Comment

Originally posted by black.ink View Post
      Sabbath may have been a huge influence on the likes of Stayley and Cantrell, but stylistically, their music isn't that similar imo. I much prefer AIC over Sabbath, but grunge of course have most aspects evolved from 70s Heavy Rock bands such as Sabbath and Deep Purple.

Also, with the exception of Pearl Jam, a majority of grunge bands only peak for a very short amount of time.
      pretty much, this!

Comment

Sabbath **** all over Alice in Chains just for the reason that Sabbath are responsible for the genre of heavy metal.

Comment

Working...
        X