Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would a 42-year-old Calzaghe wobble Lebedev like Roy did?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by uglypug View Post
    nobody knows. what we DO know is that a 37 year old calzaghe made a 39 year old roy jones his personal little play toy.
    How come you're on here, Mrs Tard? Show some respect, moron!

To answer the question - possibly, if his hands were fine.

Comment

both men made mistakes as their prime diminished.

Joe went into drug abuse. Roy fought about 5-6 years too long.

Who the fk cares. Noone with half a brain think Calzaghe is the better fighter of the two prime for prime. But calzaghe is still a very very good fighter on his own.

Comment

Why is this thread here...everyone is mourning RJJ right now, not worrying about Calzaghe. Why is it important to highlight what Roy did against this guy by belittling Calzaghe.

RJJ will always be remembered for being greater of the two, but at least Calzaghe had the brains to exit the game before being an embarrassment to himself, his family and his career.

I'm sad for RJJ

Comment

Originally posted by EngorgedW/Blood View Post
          Calzaghe is not a better boxer than Roy, he throws more punches than Roy.

Calzaghe wins on throwing punches[whether he lands them or not]. You're gonna tell me Calzaghe beat Hopkins cause he's the better boxer? Hopkins is a 10x better boxer than Calzaghe but lost because of bullshit workrate, despite landing the cleaner punchers.

Jones is a potshotter[to be a potshotter you have to have good boxing skills] who relies on reflexes, which he did not have at 39 years old.
          what does bernard bein a better boxer in your oppinion have to do with calzaghe and jones?hopkins didn't lose because of bull**** he lost because he lost he barely threw punches and he does not get credit for the knock down in the 1st round of the fight for every round and no hopkins is not 10x better if you feel he is a better boxer o k but 10 x better that makes no sense because if he was that much of a better boxer why couldn't he land that many punches? why did he look exausted in the fight when we had never seen him exausted if he was 10 x better? calzaghe has a great right hook to the body and is very good at cutting off the ring the one thing that gives calzghe problems is when he can't show off and be a showmen and bernards style did not let that happen and that frustrated calzghe yet bernard still couldn't pull of the victory so how is he 10x better? and as far as cleaner punches if you land 3 real clean punches where as i land about 15 clean punches but the punches were not as big as the 3 clean punches you landed that does not mean you landed the cleaner punches.
          roy jones when his speed was gone he was gone most great fighters can still fight when some of there natural talent start to go away because you still know how to box but if you can't win fights anymore because some of yur talent is gone than you were not that good

Comment

Originally posted by PACATTACK View Post
            Who the fk cares. Noone with half a brain think Calzaghe is the better fighter of the two prime for prime.
            Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
            Why is this thread here...everyone is mourning RJJ right now, not worrying about Calzaghe.
            Didn't you two see the "I think its safe to rank Joe over Roy now.." thread?

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
              I'm pretty sure JoeyZags is excluded from the "at least half a brain" category.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                One idiot does not make a majority

Comment

Originally posted by PACATTACK View Post
                  I'm pretty sure JoeyZags is excluded from the "at least half a brain" category.
                  Touche. Good point.

Comment

i lol'd my pants while roy got ktfo

have these

Comment

No, he wouldn't.

Can someone please tell me the purpose of this thread? I have no clue.

Comment

Working...
                      X