No announcement yet.

Roy Jones JR.... Drugs??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roy Jones JR.... Drugs??

This might sound very stupid, but has RJJ been done for drug taking?
    I saw a one line comment on a picture of him in frank warrens possible Sun column. It was breif and said something like RJJ Failed a drug test shame.
    Can some one please enlighten me...

Originally posted by Funky_Monk View Post
    I saw a one line comment on a picture of him in frank warrens possible Sun column. It was breif and said something like RJJ Failed a drug test shame.
    Why do you think his HATER nickname is Roid Jones Jnr

Comment

He probably needed to do a drug cycle when moving up to heavyweight, abit like Evander Holyfield.

Guy put on over 25lbs of muscle in a short period of time, thats almost impossible for a natural.
      Its also not natural for a 5'11 to have that amount of muscle on his frame. Thats why once he came off the drug cycle he came back to 175, simply because he couldnt maintain that weight naturally.

Comment

AH right ok, so how long a ban did he serve?

Comment

i smell a troll 1

Comment

What on earth does that mean?

Comment

nahh roy jones jr never got done for drugs. and it happened WELL before the heavyweight fight. it was because he was taking an over the counter subtance called 'ripped fuel' which had natural steroids in them, and the substance was banned by the IBF. he stopped taking it as soon as he realised, so they let him off. also, his opponent had 4x more of the stuff in his body than Jones did on the day of the fight.. steroids never came up after that.. all that muscle was natural

Comment

Originally posted by Funky_Monk View Post
                Because Roy was the Golden boy of Boxing he was never fully investigated or reprimanded.
                Him and Hall both tested positive after their fight.
                Roy first used a "Nasal Congestant" as his reason for positive test then later changed his excuse to using "Ripped Fuel".

Coincidentally after the Balco scandal broke out in 2003 which Roy wasn't linked to but the use of THG could be recognised Roy's performances began to falter.

As Joe Calzaghe commented after the first Tarver fight....
                "Roy looked human tonight."

The Roy fans will inevitably condone Roys excuse of "Ripped Fuel".

The fact remains though that Roy did test positive.

I now await the usual response of that I am a Roy "Hater".

Comment

Originally posted by hishaam15 View Post
                  nahh roy jones jr never got done for drugs. and it happened WELL before the heavyweight fight. it was because he was taking an over the counter subtance called 'ripped fuel' which had natural steroids in them, and the substance was banned by the IBF. he stopped taking it as soon as he realised, so they let him off. also, his opponent had 4x more of the stuff in his body than Jones did on the day of the fight.. steroids never came up after that.. all that muscle was natural
                  Roy himself was 6X the legal amount.

Comment

Originally posted by moofo View Post
                    Because Roy was the Golden boy of Boxing he was never fully investigated or reprimanded.
                    Him and Hall both tested positive after their fight.
                    Roy first used a "Nasal Congestant" as his reason for positive test then later changed his excuse to using "Ripped Fuel".

Coincidentally after the Balco scandal broke out in 2003 which Roy wasn't linked to but the use of THG could be recognised Roy's performances began to falter.

As Joe Calzaghe commented after the first Tarver fight....
                    "Roy looked human tonight."

The Roy fans will inevitably condone Roys excuse of "Ripped Fuel".

The fact remains though that Roy did test positive.

I now await the usual response of that I am a Roy "Hater".
                    Steroids didn't give Roy his natural ability or even his speed.In the first Tarver fight you could see flashes of the old Roy Jones but the fact that he was so weight drained it hurt his stamina.I find it funny that he wasn't linked to Balco but you make it seem like a bad performance after him dropping all that weight justifies him even being mentioned in the same sentence as BALCO.If an old past it Roy Jones can show some of his massive talent against even a blown up Tinidad what do you think a prime in shape Roy Jones would do?Even at his age his speed is still greater than Calzghes who is renowned for that attribute and the combinations he put together against Trinadad were fluid and percise.You could give any fighter steroids and he wouldn't display an ounce of Roy Jones skill.
                    Last edited by ALT-Assassin; 07-27-2008, 08:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X