No announcement yet.

Toney & Mayweather : The shoulder roll

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toney & Mayweather : The shoulder roll

Whose shoulder roll is superior in the pocket?

That's a close call. Maybe a prime Toney was is even harder to hit clean when he was in shape.

Comment

Roy Jones did not have much trouble but few others found it easy. I think he had a better chin than Floyd but Floyd's legs were far superior. I think i would lean towards floyd as the better overall defensive fighter but i think prime Toney was better in the pocket.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
        That's a close call. Maybe a prime Toney was is even harder to hit clean when he was in shape.

You're a comedian.

What fight was he in shape for?

Comment

Originally posted by Braincell1977 View Post
          Roy Jones did not have much trouble but few others found it easy. I think he had a better chin than Floyd but Floyd's legs were far superior. I think i would lean towards floyd as the better overall defensive fighter but i think prime Toney was better in the pocket.
          Williams, Sosa, Johnson, Tiberi, Nunn, McCallum x2, Thazdi, Griffin x2 just to name a few had an easy time hitting him.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            Williams, Sosa, Johnson, Tiberi, Nunn, McCallum x2, Thazdi, Griffin x2 just to name a few had an easy time hitting him.
            I will have to catch up with some of them to make a judgement.......it has been a long time since Toney was prime.

Comment

Originally posted by Braincell1977 View Post
              I will have to catch up with some of them to make a judgement.......it has been a long time since Toney was prime.
              Well everyone I just listed arguably beat him except for Nunn who schooled him for 10 rounds before he got stopped.

And most of which were in his prime.

Comment

Mayweathers is superior by a mile. Toney blocked punches with his face.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                  He got touched up by some bums in his prime while shoulder rolling. Toney was more offensive with his shoulder roll though. Floyd has the better defense using the shoulder roll.

Comment

Originally posted by Fists_of_Fury View Post
                    He got touched up by some bums in his prime while shoulder rolling. Toney was more offensive with his shoulder roll though. Floyd has the better defense using the shoulder roll.
                    I don't think he has better offense at all.

He threw more punches but if you were to box and move with him his offense was completely shut down and he couldn't get anything off at all.

Doesn't make any kind of offensive adjustments just mostly loads up with a big right hand and misses wildly I.e vs Johnson, Roy and Nunn.

Comment

Working...
                    X