No announcement yet.

Why are British fighters so overhyped?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post
    They are not over-hyped, they just have more support in comparison to American fighters. Deontay Wilder has no real fans, just followers on Instagram and Twitter or? People who turn up to watch him fight etc

If Deontay Wilder was fighting overseas, I highly doubt he would bring with him 1000's upon 1000's of America fans etc
    Exactly what I was going to say. Their huge follow is perceived as hype to the out side. But watch their fans when they lose, They aren't bummed out, they go party. Giving your support isn't giving your confidence.

Comment

hype is good. It makes money and fights happen.

That is where British boxing is doing well at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
        hype is good. It makes money and fights happen.

That is where British boxing is doing well at the moment.
        They truely have one of the best nonbiased fan bases

Comment

They have Hatton to brag about.

Comment

Saunders is a club fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
              NEVER suggests in history. I'll take you to school again here as I normally do -

Lennox Lewis
              Ted "Kid" Lewis
              Bob Fitzsimmons
              Jackie "Kid" Berg
              Ken Buchanan
              Benny Lynch
              Randolph Turpin (2nd man to defeat SRR)
              Joe Calzaghe (unbeaten doe)
              Jimmy Driscoll
              Jimmy Wilde (seen in many all-time top 20 p4p rankings by respect historians unknown to message board casual fanboys)
              Freddie Welsh
              Naseem Hamed

Just a sampling of some legit hall of famers off the top of my head.

Your lack of basic fundamental knowledge never ceases to amaze me but I will continue to educate you with free sessions. I hope you acquire more knowledge from these and make the transition from casual fanboy to boxing fan. We need more boxing fans.
              “School me again?”....... sorry who are you? I’ve genuinelu never seen you post here before

Idiot lol

Comment

Originally posted by RespekonMyName View Post
                At least they had Lennox.
                Don't forget Slickman Saunders.

Comment

Considering that Texas alone is nearly 3 times larger than the UK, The amount of great fighters to come out of the UK in comparison to the entire US is pretty dam good.

Comment

The demand for elite fighters is slightly bigger than the supply over here, which leads to big hopes being put on the shoulders of fighters who can't quite carry them, but realistically we don't do too badly. It's only really the USA and Mexico who consistently produce elite fighters in every generation. The UK is not on that level but it's arguably the best of the rest

Comment

Overhyped fighters can come out of anywhere, can't they?
                      It just happens. Hype is not necessarily bad. That usually creates excitement, which is good. Sure some don't make it but that's just the way it is.

By the way, the United Kingdom has some solid prospects and contenders coming up.
                      I actually think the new generation is better than the last one. And the last one didn't do too bad I would say.

Comment

Working...
                      X