Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Stiverne Hires Prince and Dubin - Will NOT Allow Wilder-Ortiz

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by original zero View Post
    ortiz was interim WBA world heavyweight champion. he was not pursuing the WBC championship and therefore was not listed as a contender. i'm sorry that you don't know how boxing works.

after ortiz vacated his title, he asked to be considered by the WBC for their rankings, povetkin was removed for his drug test failure, stiverne moved up to #1 and ortiz debuted in the rankings at #2.

stiverne was already fighting for the interim championship, there was no way legally for the WBC to have ortiz jump him. with povetkin bounced due to the failure, stiverne inherited #1.

#2 was the absolute highest ortiz could be installed.

he's now #3 because klitschko leap frogged him. but he had never been promised anything and was eligible to be leap frogged.

if you wish boxing didn't work this way, i agree with you. i want all of the sanctioning bodies to go out of business.

stop being a fkn ******, you sanctimonious little twat

FACT: Ortiz is ranked behind Stiverne
    FACT: Ortiz should not be ranked behind Stiverne

what don't you get?

Comment

• Wouldn't be surprised if Stiverne is just looking to collect a step aside fee considering how terrified he seemed of Wilder in their first fight. He's not gonna get more brave all of a sudden and become Evander Holyfield if he fights Wilder again.

I'm actually starting to feel bad for Wilder. He has a **** resume full of D-level bums, but he's been trying to fight credible opponents the last year. Povetkin couldn't pass the damn drug screen and Stiverne is getting in the way of Wilder fighting Ortiz.

Screw Stiverne and the WBC. And **** Don King, the sport will be much better when he and Bob Arum aren't breathing anymore.

Comment

• Why can't Wilder fight Stiverne this summer and then face Ortiz in the Fall?

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
          stop being a fkn ******, you sanctimonious little twat

FACT: Ortiz is ranked behind Stiverne
          FACT: Ortiz should not be ranked behind Stiverne

what don't you get?
          ortiz is ranked behind stiverne because he didn't asked to be ranked by the WBC until after stiverne had already been scheduled to fight for the interim title.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
            Why can't Wilder fight Stiverne this summer and then face Ortiz in the Fall?
            the top fighters usually only fight twice a year.

Comment

the top fighters usually only fight twice a year.
              That's one of the problems with boxing. Also, Wilder has stated on numerous occasions that he wants to "stay active" and fighting more than twice per year.

If the promoters, managers could get their act together they could setup a fight for late August/early September and then face Ortiz late November or December.

Comment

Why can't Wilder fight Stiverne this summer and then face Ortiz in the Fall?
                Not sure if it's fact or just rumour, but I've heard Showtime were strongly against Wilder-Stiverne II, so maybe that's it. If there is no/little TV money going into the fight then the amount Stiverne is getting offered to step-aside is probably close to the amount he'd get for the actual fight, and I feel like he's gonna accept and just wants a bit more.

Comment

ortiz is ranked behind stiverne because he didn't asked to be ranked by the WBC until after stiverne had already been scheduled to fight for the interim title.

hmmm.....

let me simplify things for you, and remove some of your silly excuses

FACT: Ortiz is better than Stiverne
                  FACT: Ortiz is not ranked higher than Stiverne

so, who's fault is that..... ?

hint: not mine..... not Ortiz's..... and not Stiverne's

hmmm, not let me see..... who does that leave ?

grow up, and hold the WBC responsible for their own decisions

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                    FACT: Ortiz is better than Stiverne
                    That's actually an opinion. I understand what you're saying, but it's important to not confuse fact and opinion.

FACT: Ortiz is not ranked higher than Stiverne
                    Yes, that is a fact.

so, who's fault is that..... ?
                    Nobody's fault. Stiverne's position was already guaranteed before Ortiz decided to seek a WBC ranking. Before that, he was a world champion, not a contender. This is how boxing works. Not just the WBC. Every recognized federation. If you don't like how boxing works, I understand and I agree with you, but facts are facts.

Very common in NBA/NHL/NFL/MLB playoffs for the #2 seed to actually be better than the #1 seed. That's just how things work out sometimes for various reasons.

Comment

That's one of the problems with boxing. Also, Wilder has stated on numerous occasions that he wants to "stay active" and fighting more than twice per year.

If the promoters, managers could get their act together they could setup a fight for late August/early September and then face Ortiz late November or December.
                      Many fighters would prefer to fight more often. Many fighters prefer fighting less often.

But the business reality is that there are a limited amount of premium dates, a limited amount of premium money, and it's not realistic for the top guys to fight 3-4 times a year. The money just isn't there. The dates just aren't there.

Fighters fight. Business people handle business. If it made financial sense for guys to fight 4 times a year, they would.

Comment

Working...
                      X