Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joshua Promoter: Wilder on Cloud Nine With His 50-50 Demand

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BreakingBox View Post
    Everybody keeps bragging about Joshua selling out huge stadiums with 90,000 seats. That's kind of dumb if you ask me. Why would anybody want to attend a fight and be anywhere near the middle to back row in a stadium that size? How could you even see what's going on, other than having to use binoculars or watch it on the big screen. How much are you paying per seat to be near the back row?
    Lol have you ever been to a live fight? sound like a hater

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
      Just offer Wilder a flat fee. Let's say 5M.
      I thought that Hearn offered Wilder 10 million already. 5 million won't go anywhere with Wilder when Ryabinsky would have had Wilder fighting Povetkin for that amount.

Comment

Originally posted by greeneye99 View Post
        Lol have you ever been to a live fight? sound like a hater
        Yes, I've been to several live fights and yes, you guessed it, I live in the States. Am I the only one that thinks its ridiculous to pay for a bad seat to watch a fight? I would much rather watch it at home or at a bar with some friends and family. Boxing as a whole, not just AJ, must be much more popular in the UK than it is in the States.

Comment

To be honest if Hearn doesn't give Wilder an even split and Wilder walks away, who will Joshua fight - Pulev, Ustinov, rematch with Whyte. The 2 biggest names at the moment is Joshua and Wilder and the public in the UK are demanding it. HEARN Won't carry on selling out stadiums with low level fighters so Joshua and Wilder need each other as I don't see Wilder backing down like Parker.

Comment

Originally posted by RapidSon View Post
            Wilder is dreaming if he wants 50-50. It goes like this. If they have the fight here in America it won't sell because Wilder can only pull in like 1 millions viewers. Joshua gets up to 750,000 views.
            Either way both will recieve low pay outs from ppv period. Have it in the UK where Joshua is known and already has a good grip on the pay out everyone will win.
            If they have the fight in America, there will be PPV in the USA and Sky PPV in the U.K. And pretty sure ticket prices will be a lot more in the 20k T-Mobile arena than any stadium. Canelo packs in over 50k in stadium fights but the revenue is no where near a Vegas fight. Wilder showed just negotiate to keep all US PPV money while Hearn and AJ keep the UK money, but I doubt Hearn would agree knowing that the US PPV money would be more.

Comment

Ortiz is next

The 50-50 split will be fair after Wilder KO’s Ortiz.

Comment

Originally posted by thack View Post
                The question was to you.......looks like you're stumped again!

I would like to see Lomachenko v Garcia and more but I would also like to see Wilder v AJ. and the way Hearn makes it for 'fans' like yourself you will end up getting Whyte again and pay daft money for the 'pleasure'.I was ringside for the first but I have no intentions of being drawn in again !

Just to spoil it for you AJ. will take him out in less than four ....if Hearn gets his way.
                I couldn’t careless about educating you, you are a boxing fan! One fight happening or not happening doesn’t define boxing. If you don’t understand that then I cannot help you. I couldn’t careless about AJ or Hearn. You are fans of them and hang up on them. Me? Am here for all of boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Tonyu View Post
                  To be honest if Hearn doesn't give Wilder an even split and Wilder walks away, who will Joshua fight - Pulev, Ustinov, rematch with Whyte. The 2 biggest names at the moment is Joshua and Wilder and the public in the UK are demanding it. HEARN Won't carry on selling out stadiums with low level fighters so Joshua and Wilder need each other as I don't see Wilder backing down like Parker.
                  As long as a fight is negotiated in good fight then whoever walks away loses. If boxing fans doesn’t understand that aspect of it then they need to study up. The public demand Mayweather/Pac-Man and no one gave in until 5 years later.

If the UK public known Hearn/Joshua did try to make the fight but the other side were not realistic with their demands then they would move on as normal. The market is the market and everyone ends up getting what they bring to the table, in boxing you cannot hold anyone to ransom.

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
                    Where’s this huge Wilder fan base you speak of?

Honestly, if Wilder turned down 40% I’d call that a duck
                    He wouldn't turn it down, it's actually what he's banking on. But if he goes out and says that he'll take 40 percent then Hearn will only agree to 30 percent.

He has to say 50 so that he can get 40.

Comment

Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
                      LOL! And please tell us, besides the overpriced Pac and McGregor PPVs... WHEN did Mayweather make the kind of money Joshua has made his last half dozen fights? He's mega rich already, and could just take marginal fights for the rest of his career if he wanted, and still make huge paydays. I guess you'd pass on that kind of money? And BTW, he isn't where he is for lack of talent.
                      Joshua hasn't come close to Mayweather average of 32 million a fight before he got the 200 and 300 million fights. AJ is no where near Floyd level as far of taking marginal fights and getting huge paydays.

Comment

Working...
                      X