Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cop filmed "executing" man at point blank range found not guilty of murder.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cop filmed "executing" man at point blank range found not guilty of murder.

Shocking video of an unarmed man being gunned down by a cop as he begged for his life has been released after the officer was cleared of murder.

Daniel Shaver died instantly after being shot five times in the chest in a shooting his family has branded an 'execution'.

The father-of-two was shot dead by cop Philip Mitchell Brailsford last year.

Horrifying bodycam footage shows a sobbing Shaver, 26, begging 'please don't kill me' and crawling toward the officer.

Shaver family lawyer Mark Geragos said it was "an execution, pure and simple"

Brailsford, 27, was charged with second degree murder, but after his acquittal Mr Geragos said the justice system had 'failed' the victim's family.

Posting a link to the video, Good Morning Britain presenter Piers Morgan wrote on Twitter: "One of the most disgusting things I've ever watched. That police officer is a murderous disgrace."

The cop claimed he opened fire because Shaver reached for the waistband of his shorts, making him believe he had a gun.

No weapon was found on the victim's body, and investigators argued that he could have been trying to pull his shorts up as he moved towards police.

It happened at La Quinta Hotel in Mesa, Arizona, after police were called to reports of a man firing a gun out of a window.

Shaver's family have lodged a wrongful death lawsuit against the city.

Speaking after the case, CT Post reports, Brailsford's attorney Michael Piccarreta said: "There are no winners in this case, but Mitch Brailsford had to make a split-second decision on a situation that he was trained to recognize as someone drawing a weapon and had one second to react.

"He didn't want to harm Mr. Shaver... The circumstances that night that were presented led him to conclude that he was in danger. Try to make a decision in one second, life or death. It's pretty hard."

Surprised there's no thread on this. Thought you guys were big on cops killing people.

Tecnically, he didnt follow directions. It looked like he had an itch and wanted to scratch it or his pants were falling off and he tried to pull it up.

Fkin dumbazz. Cop is innocent in this one.

I dont get these people. Just do exactly what the cop asks, its not hard.

I love watching these kinda shooting videos.

Comment

What was he pulling out at 4:20? Certainly it wasn't a gun right? If it was, the cop had every right to react to it immediately.

But from my point of view, it looked like nothing, still, he should've kept his hands up at all times. Pretty ****ed up, cop shouldn't have shot him 6 times - that was a bit overboard.

Comment

Originally posted by Quiksilva View Post
        What was he pulling out at 4:20? Certainly it wasn't a gun right? If it was, the cop had every right to react to it immediately.

But from my point of view, it looked like nothing, still, he should've kept his hands up at all times. Pretty ****ed up, cop shouldn't have shot him 6 times - that was a bit overboard.
        It totally looked as if he was trying to pull out something.

Cop had to make a split second decision

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post

Fkin dumbazz. Cop is innocent in this one.

I dont get these people. Just do exactly what the cop asks, its not hard.

I love watching these kinda shooting videos.
          Cop overacted. I give it that he had every right to react to it, in terms of self-defense, but he definitely should serve time for this. If I were the judge/law I would've sentenced him to 5-6 years at least.

Comment

that was uncalled for... i get it if the dude got up and ran towards the cop or something. yes, he should have listen, but how was the cop's life in danger for him to unload that many rounds on a guy who is 5-10 feet away crawling on the ground?

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
              It totally looked as if he was trying to pull out something.

Cop had to make a split second decision
              all it takes is 1 shot though. the thing im against in these cop shooting video is that they never just shoot once to stop the guy. they always unload the whole clip.

there should be a law on this. shoot once, if the person is still up charging towards you then you have the right to shoot again, but if the guy drops on the first shot then you shouldnt shoot anymore.

Comment

My bad. I didn't see this before I posted my topic. That cop is horrible at his job.

Comment

Originally posted by Quiksilva View Post

The guy was drunk. They knew he was drunk when they arrived. Giving him confusing instructions. Yelling and making him nervous by threatening to shoot him. Coulda cuffed him while he was on the ground. That cop wanted to shoot that guy. He was waiting for one false move to pump him full of bullets

Comment

I've had police bark at me in the exact same manner while pointing AR's at me during a felony stop.

Shit will make your balls crawl all the way up to your throat.

Pretty fucked up situation here, all told.

Comment

Working...
                    X