No announcement yet.

CSAC grants Jon Jones continuance, steroid hearing pushed back to February

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CSAC grants Jon Jones continuance, steroid hearing pushed back to February

Jon Jones won’t find out his fate until after the holidays.

The former UFC light heavyweight champion has been granted a continuance in his doping case with the California State Athletic Commission (CSAC) and won’t have a hearing until February, CSAC executive officer Andy Foster told MMA Fighting on Tuesday. Jones’ hearing was initially scheduled for Dec. 12 in Sacramento.

The exact date in February for Jones to go before the commission has not been decided. Foster said it’s likely that the CSAC meeting that month will be somewhere in Southern California.

Jones, 30, failed an in-competition drug test in relation to his UFC 214 title fight with Daniel Cormier on July 29 in Anaheim, Calif. “Bones” tested positive for the steroid Turinabol. It was his second positive test in a span of two years. Jones’ win over Cormier, a third-round TKO, has been overturned by CSAC to a no contest as a result of the test failure.

Jones and his team have denied that he knowingly took any performance-enhancing drugs. They are currently working on testing supplements he took that might have been contaminated and sprung the positive test.

In addition to facing a suspension and fine from CSAC, Jones is also going through the adjudication process with USADA, the UFC’s anti-doping partner.

Last year, arbitrators found Jones negligent in taking a sexual-performance pill that caused him to test positive for the banned substances clomiphene and Letrozol and suspended him for one year. Jones will be going through arbitration again this time in his USADA, but no date has been set. Because he is a repeat offender, Jones is facing a longer suspension — up to four years, per the UFC’s anti-doping policy.

The UFC stripped the title from Jones once CSAC ruled the bout with Cormier a no-contest. Cormier was given the belt back.

As a a fan of the sport, I would like to see Jones back soon, but he's ****ed up way too many times to be taken seriously.

Giving an emotional teary victory speech thanking the fans, Cormier, and even his haters only for him pop positive the next day is like a tragic comedy at its best. He just made a mockery of himself at that point.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
      As a a fan of the sport, I would like to see Jones back soon, but he's ****ed up way too many times to be taken seriously.

Giving an emotional teary victory speech thanking the fans, Cormier, and even his haters only for him pop positive the next day is like a tragic comedy at its best. He just made a mockery of himself at that point.
      I think we've seen the last of him in the cage.

Comment

Yeah, me too. Too bad, he was on pace to be the best light heavyweight of all time and at least make the top 5 all time pound for pound.

Comment

He was GOAT until he pulled this shiiiit. The way he dominated Cormier was incredible.

But I remember the first thing I said to my boys when that fight started. "Holy **** Jones is massive. I think that's the biggest hes ever been,"

So obvious. He can just go **** right off.

Comment

Working...
          X