Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Lomachenko considered world class when has a 9-1 record?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
    You're just saying that because you don't want to concede and lose an argument, but deep down you know he has an entertaining style and love watching him.
    Foh. And there is no argument. He isn't exciting. He could be someone that I like and he still wouldn't be exciting to me.

Exciting to me personally doesn't matter to me in boxing anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Raggamuffin View Post
      Foh. And there is no argument. He isn't exciting. He could be someone that I like and he still wouldn't be exciting to me.

Exciting to me personally doesn't matter to me in boxing anyway.
      Different tastes, I guess, but I couldn't imagine excitement not being the main reason I watch a fighter, but then I'm no boxing aficionado.

Comment

If you can't figure this out than boxing is not your sport stick to basket Ball

Comment

Originally posted by Raggamuffin View Post
          Go talk to someone on your level because I'm above anyone that you speak to here clown. You're not talking to some kid who just joined the site. Simple minded ass. I like who I like and you like who you like.

You tell Loma to rematch Salido then maybe I'd like his ass.

Until then I despise him like I despised Kostya who I liked before he lost to Phillips and didn't rematch him.

Aaron Pryor said it best. You are excused when you lose when you're not world class, but when you're world class and lose you must gain revenge win or lose.
          So no problems then.

It was his second fight, he wasn't world class at that point. He is now. He didn't lose when he was a world class boxer by your definitions.

Now he's a two division champ with wins over former champions. So obviously, he's now a world class champion.

/thread

Comment

Originally posted by adamt View Post
            This is pure ignorance on my side but he's 9-1!!
            He is a bad azz dude.. I boxed in my youth but.. I was t ****...

I look forward to two grand masters..Rigo vs Loma..

I hope they don't land any punches and leave the ring knowing who won the fight.

Aticipatoy defense, cold & cunning calculation..

Best fight i can think of..

Comment

I see both sides of the argument. Being 9-1 and losing to Salido is underserving of being a top 10 p4p fighter. What is particularly interesting is that he did not avenge the loss.

However can you honestly name 10 fighters better than this guy? I can't

Comment

Originally posted by SniXSniPe View Post
                So no problems then.

It was his second fight, he wasn't world class at that point. He is now. He didn't lose when he was a world class boxer by your definitions.

Now he's a two division champ with wins over former champions. So obviously, he's now a world class champion.

/thread
                He started out world class like you all said. You all even bragged about it. That's not my problem with him. Fighters lose. But rematches must happen. Salido Loma 2 hasn't happened. And for some reason Salido is being blamed.

Comment

He is a 2 division champ already. Give respect where its due

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                    He is world class because he can beat all the other boxers in the world in his weight class.
                    This here ^^^^

Comment

His first 12 months as a pro were more impressive than Wilder's career for example. Why do people think he should have ran his record up fighting scrubs for 10 years and 40 fights before taking on good opposition?

90% of bouts have been world championship fights, 50% against world champions and 3 of those (coming onto 4) were fights were many, many people said he'd lose.

On top of that his skill level is very impressive to eyes that work and can form objective views and he's been nothing but dominant since he won his first title. I think he hasn't lost a round since the Russell fight (in which he lost one round).

Good fighter.

Comment

Working...
                      X