No announcement yet.

GGG vs John "The Beast" Mugabi

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Mugabi would take it. Reflexes too good for Golovkin's below average hand speed. And can take a punch too.

Comment

Mugabi was fierce but he didn't have the same skill level as GGG. I think the Kazakh would break him down.

Plus, a bit of an aside, I always felt Mugabi was undersized at the weight. He was a welter in the Olympics. GGG would have that natural bulk and about an inch in height on him.

Comment

The Golovkin who fought Canelo would get sparked by Mugabi. John's nickname was very apt.

Reloaded, that clip brought back memories! I was hopping up and down and yelling OMFG during that round.

Comment

Originally posted by THC View Post
            The Golovkin who fought Canelo would get sparked by Mugabi. John's nickname was very apt.

Reloaded, that clip brought back memories! I was hopping up and down and yelling OMFG during that round.
            Yeah it was a great fight a classic, I remember it clearly what a battle it was, Ive met Mugabi a few times he was living on the Gold Coast here in Aus as a bit of a celebrity a real good guy to chat with.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
              As stated before, it's widely believed that Hagler ruined Mugabi. This would be a prime pre-Hagler Mugabi against GGG. Stop looking up boxrec for answers, boxing is more complex than looking at cold stats.
              Not sure what your talking about. I’ve been watching boxing since I was 13, that was 15 years ago. Terry Norris Vs. Mugabi fight footage on YouTube was one of the first boxing fights I saw... didn’t have the chance to see it live as I was 6 months old when they fought. Sorry casual, when a guy gets stopped 6 times in 7 loses he is chinny. You can claim it’s because of A, B or C but doesn’t change the fact he was stopped 6 times.
              Golovkin has the boxing iq of an Olympic medalist and elite level world champion... he would beat Mugabi 9/10

I just rewatched the fight and it was a first round stoppage (I thought and said round 2)... weird, you claimed I checked boxrec, which clearly I didn’t if I got the round wrong, casual.
              Last edited by N!Ck F.; 09-27-2017, 01:27 AM.

Comment

GGG likely will take it by close !

His jab will be key and Mugabi doesn't have Canelo's head movement!

I think Mugabi would definitely rock GGG a couple times, that dude hands were like cinder blocks and a chin that bombs after bombs after bombs from The legendary Marvelous Marvin Hagler!

GGG showed when he finally stepped up that he's a warrior and he can take lots of punishment and that he will never stop trying!

It would be a brutal war, neither guy comes out the same after this!

Comment

Thanks for your opinions. Being 53 and having been a witness of the very best John Mugabi, I must say that perhaps he would win. We all know that he was a murderous puncher, but if you look back at his fights (including the Hagler war) you'll realize that his boxing ability was also brilliant.

By the way, not only Hagler ruined him; The Beast also took something from Hagler, who certainly was not the same when he lost to Leonard one year later.

In synthesis: Mugabi by late TKO.
                  Last edited by Tatabanya; 09-27-2017, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X