No announcement yet.

Golovking still hasn't beaten a P4P fighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
    He's nearly unified the whole division. He beat Lemiuex and Stevens who just had a fight on HBO. He beat Murray and Rosado who just had their own fight as well on TV in the UK. He's beaten Jacobs who was highly ranked. He ran over then 36-0 titleholder Brook. When you have three of the four belts in the division and have done so with hardly losing a round outside of the Jacobs fight, you are the dominant one in your division. With a Canelo win, he's beaten the key players from the past few years and there are more coming up which is a good thing for him. He's the man at 160. I don't care about pound for pound crap. How many other fighters have gotten this close to unifying a division since Hopkins? Other than Kovalev of course. He has to take the Canelo fight and he has to beat him for a legacy. But if he does, all that's left is Saunders and Eubank, Jr. and then maybe Charlo. More fighters should be staying in one place and unifying. It truly is harder than just jumping up in weight every few fights. Plus it's better for boxing to have titles unified.
    You mentioned Brook in there, hard to take you seriously after that.

Then you keep rehashing the fact that Jacobs was highly rated. He was only highly rated as a middleweight as a P4P he was in the top 20-30 max.

And I think going after other P4P fighters even if you're at a disadvantage means more than beating Billy Joe Saunders.

Comment

Originally posted by KingHippo View Post
      I think the TBRB are fans of Golovkin just like the majority of boxing observers. I think his ranking has more to do with the way he fights more than anything.
      You're entitled to your opinion, man, but it's easy as hell to say that anyone who doesn't agree with you is biased. Sadly it's a lot more difficult to prove it.

Anyways, man, if you happen to believe in all that P4P bull**** the only list that should matter to you is your own. You don't want Golovkin in your top 10 then he ain't. Simple as.
      Last edited by Citizen Koba; 05-10-2017, 06:08 PM.

Comment

You mentioned Brook in there, hard to take you seriously after that.

Then you keep rehashing the fact that Jacobs was highly rated. He was only highly rated as a middleweight as a P4P he was in the top 20-30 max.

And I think going after other P4P fighters even if you're at a disadvantage means more than beating Billy Joe Saunders.
        And you keep rehashing that Jacobs is "top 20-30 max." "top 20-30 max." "top 20-30 max." "top 20-30 max."

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
          You're entitled to your opinion, man, but it's easy as hell to say that anyone who doesn't agree with you is biased. Sadly it's a lot more difficult to prove it.

Anyways, man, if you happen to believe in all that P4P bull**** the only list that should matter to you is your own. You don't want Golovkin in your top 10 then he ain't. Simple as.
          No. GGG can't be in anybody's pound for pound list. It's important that we "all agree" with this guy. And Jacobs is "top 20-30" p4p max. "top 20-30 max." "Top 20-30 max."

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post

Are you crazy, of course Golovkin is in my top ten.

He's one of the best middleweights I've ever seen and I have great respect for his skillset. I think he's a beautiful boxer. But Jacobs was his first test and he failed it. He was able to dominate mediocre boxers, but look ordinary about a slightly above average boxer.

Comment

well he has his chance with Canelo

Comment

ESPN P4P Rankings Update:

Golovkin Still P4P #1 ON THE MOST RESPECTED P4P LIST

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...canelo-alvarez

Comment

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
                  ESPN P4P Rankings Update:

Golovkin Still P4P #1 ON THE MOST RESPECTED P4P LIST

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...canelo-alvarez
                  What does that have to do with anything?!?!??

Comment

LOL now Postol the Euro bum is better than Jacobs. I cant fuckin stop laughing. Before Crawford faced Postol you kept saying Postol aint shit, he is C Euro Bum level.

Comment

What does that have to do with anything?!?!??
                      You said back to the facts, and thats a fact.. He is P4P #1.

You know people who know their **** voted and said GGG is the BEST FIGHTER AMONG ALL WEIGHTCLASSES IN THE ENTIRE WORLD RIGHT NOW.

Respectable people, not a random degenerate like you.

Comment

Working...
                      X