Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are So MANY people Picking Lee to BEAT Chavez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
    You're so damn ignorant to the point that it gets me mad... Do you know ANYTHING about Martinez such as when did he start boxing? Sorry Martinez doesn't have a daddy named Julio Cesar Chavez Sr and that's solely the only reason why Jr is so "popular" but he's nowhere near as good as his dad OR Martinez for that matter. Why is his resume so ****ty? Because no one will give him a fight... he's been asking for it for the longest now. And the top names in his weight class do not leave their countries to fight or is Martinez suppose to go to their backyard?

GTFOH with that excuse as to why Sergio has fought nothing but bums up until 2-3 years ago.

That's no one fault but Sergio.

Whatever dude....keep thinking that Sergio is a victim and someone that everyone has avoided.

I'm no Chavez fan but atleast he is stepping up. Sergio waited till he was how old?

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
      Maybe because Martinez is top 3 p4p and Chavez jr is not even ranked in the top 10. Hell, he doesn't even get honorable mentions to be in the top 10...that says it all right there I guess.
      He is ranked top 3 due to his recent success. I think that is universally understood by 99% of the fans in the sport of boxing.

However, prior to that....his resume was straight @ss.

Is his resume better than Chavez.....yes, and I haven't argued that it wasn't.

I'm just saying that is hilarious that both Martinez and his fans question Chavez when Martinez resume isn't great either.

Comment

Originally posted by Fvck LamarSmith View Post
        GTFOH with that excuse as to why Sergio has fought nothing but bums up until 2-3 years ago.

That's no one fault but Sergio.

Whatever dude....keep thinking that Sergio is a victim and someone that everyone has avoided.

I'm no Chavez fan but atleast he is stepping up. Sergio waited till he was how old?
        Yea it's Martinez' fault he started boxing late cause he had interests in other sports and his daddy's name isnt Chavez Sr. Give Chavez Jr a facelift and change his name and I bet you no one will give a fk about him.

Comment

Wow fk I can't believe you had the nerves to compare Duddy to ANYONE in the boxing world.
          Now if Barker goes on to beat someone of note, then I will backtrack on my comparison.

However both are Eurobums and are equal (resume wise) IMO.

Comment

Bad Stoppage IMO

Comment

Yea it's Martinez' fault he started boxing late cause he had interests in other sports and his daddy's name isnt Chavez Sr. Give Chavez Jr a facelift and change his name and I bet you no one will give a fk about him.
              Chavez has been boxing for 10 years

Martinez has been boxing for 17 years.

at the 10 year mark, in both of their career, Chavez is light years ahead of Martinez, resume wise.

Sorry but that "he started boxing late" crap isn't gonna fly with me.

Comment

at the 10 year mark, in both of their career, Chavez is light years ahead of Martinez, resume wise.

That's cool bro but we don't need resumes to see who the better fighter is. Or is that cause of Chavez' inexperience?

Comment

Your entire argument is kind of moot to be honest. You say that Martinez only has one or two good wins and that the rest of his wins are not better than Chavez's, which is fine except that Martinez is ranked much, much higher than Julio is. Why is this the case if their victories are on the same level?

At age 20, Martinez had yet to even set foot in a boxing ring....at age 20, Julio had been boxing for 7 years. If Chavez jr is so much better than Martinez and his career is "off to a much better start than Martinez's" when he was Julio's age, why is not held in the same regard as Martinez considering he has been boxing for about 7 years longer than Martinez?

You are talking about when they turned pro, Chavez grew up in a boxing family and his dad was the most famous Mexican boxer of all time, that kid was wearing gloves before he was 10.
                  Last edited by mathed; 04-07-2012, 11:30 PM.

Comment

Why is "**** LavarSmith a.k.a Top Rank" conveniently leaving out Martinez's KO victory over a pretty damn good Cintron, at the time; Which ended up being a poor draw ruling.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
                      Why is "**** LavarSmith a.k.a Top Rank" conveniently leaving out Martinez's KO victory over a pretty damn good Cintron, at the time; Which ended up being a poor draw ruling.
                      Because that wasn't a KO victory.

Cintron was talking to the ref and knee was off the ground when at the 9 count mark.

Comment

Working...
                      X