Collapse
No announcement yet.

Victor Conte: Luis Ortiz Had No Intent To Cheat. The Fight Must Happen! [VID]

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The WBC has allowed fights to happen before with folks that got caught with illegal substances...shoot, they still haven't made a decision on Luis Nery yet.

Comment

Now that Ortiz is out of the November fight, i would like to see Triple DDD fight him in December instead. Would be a great test for Triple DDD early in his Pro Career.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
        After seeing some of the responses I sat through 9 minutes of that shite expecting something worthwhile, but nope. I hope if I ever kill someone I get you guys on the jury and a lawyer like this. I like the part where he reads from the form and how it says to list all medication you're taking, then just continues to waffle on and on as if it doesn't completely invalidate everything else he's saying.

You are a proven drugs cheat. You are asked to list medication you're on and don't mention any blood pressure pills. Then you get popped for a masking agent and say 'oh, I just forgot to mention I'm on blood pressure pills that just happen to be the same substance as the masking agent'. Was Conte paid to defend Ortiz? Because he seems to have a lot of info that isn't publicly available and is even talking about the exact set of circumstances when they filled in the form like a lawyer who has come up with a defence after talking to his client to prepare the best argument they can, rather than just someone giving an honest impartial opinion. 'Hey some table tennis player only got a warning for this, why can't Ortiz spend 12 rounds hitting someone in the head after taking it in combination with whatever roids he was using it to mask?' 'Ok someone doing archery might use this drug but not for boxing'. Conte has gone from a guy helping people get away with drug use to a guy exposing how people get away with drug use and now back to being a guy helping people get away with drug use. I guess it just comes down to who offers the biggest cheque that day of the week.

Do you guys all believe Ortiz was innocent the first time he got caught roiding up? Because he and his team and his fans still deny that. Was there a problem with the form that time too? Even if they seriously want to argue that the font was too small to read, this guy has been tested by VADA before, been tested by commissions before, been tested at amateur level before. I guess this is the first time he/his trainer was ever expected to disclose the medication he was on

'Oh but the form was in English'. These guys (Ortiz, his manager and his trainer) can talk so much shit on Wilder, Joshua and the rest of the division in English but not a single member of the team understands it when it comes to mentioning what drugs he's on when filling in a drug testing form?
        Idk that anyone was THAT on board with Conte's stance as far as Ortiz being innocent. I just saw one guy saying let them fight.

Mainly for me I just took Conte as saying there are issues with what these OST cats are doing and how that helped make that a problem here and how it'll be a problem in the future. Ultimately all those issues are on Ortiz doe and it matters not that the print was small, Ortiz had someone fill out the form on his behalf or didn't request one in Spanish if he can't read or write in English.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
          After seeing some of the responses I sat through 9 minutes of that shite expecting something worthwhile, but nope. I hope if I ever kill someone I get you guys on the jury and a lawyer like this. I like the part where he reads from the form and how it says to list all medication you're taking, then just continues to waffle on and on as if it doesn't completely invalidate everything else he's saying.

You are a proven drugs cheat. You are asked to list medication you're on and don't mention any blood pressure pills. Then you get popped for a masking agent and say 'oh, I just forgot to mention I'm on blood pressure pills that just happen to be the same substance as the masking agent'. Was Conte paid to defend Ortiz? Because he seems to have a lot of info that isn't publicly available and is even talking about the exact set of circumstances when they filled in the form like a lawyer who has come up with a defence after talking to his client to prepare the best argument they can, rather than just someone giving an honest impartial opinion. 'Hey some table tennis player only got a warning for this, why can't Ortiz spend 12 rounds hitting someone in the head after taking it in combination with whatever roids he was using it to mask?' 'Ok someone doing archery might use this drug but not for boxing'. Conte has gone from a guy helping people get away with drug use to a guy exposing how people get away with drug use and now back to being a guy helping people get away with drug use. I guess it just comes down to who offers the biggest cheque that day of the week.

Do you guys all believe Ortiz was innocent the first time he got caught roiding up? Because he and his team and his fans still deny that. Was there a problem with the form that time too? Even if they seriously want to argue that the font was too small to read, this guy has been tested by VADA before, been tested by commissions before, been tested at amateur level before. I guess this is the first time he/his trainer was ever expected to disclose the medication he was on

'Oh but the form was in English'. These guys (Ortiz, his manager and his trainer) can talk so much shit on Wilder, Joshua and the rest of the division in English but not a single member of the team understands it when it comes to mentioning what drugs he's on when filling in a drug testing form?
          So Conte goes off on a photo of a prescription medication? like O.J Simpsons lawyers saying 'Look the glove is too small doe', in this case 'Oh da letters do not match da bottle'. WOW!!! are you kidding me?

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
            It should be innocent until proven guilty and not the other way around.
            How do you do that when you got tight schedules in boxing and it can takes weeks and months to discover how someone, through no malicious intent, ingested a banned substances?

I think you can ONLY insure as few possible fighters enter the ring under the influence of banned substances in a guilty until proven innocent world once you pop dirty.

Comment

Originally posted by JRB123 View Post
              The WBC has allowed fights to happen before with folks that got caught with illegal substances...shoot, they still haven't made a decision on Luis Nery yet.
              Who tested positive for Clenbuterol.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                I agree with you and Conte. Maybe Vada is trying too hard to catch all the guilty boxers and hurting some innocent boxers in the process. It should be innocent until proven guilty and not the other way around. It sounds like Ortiz is innocent of intent to cheat so I hope this great fight between Wilder and Ortiz happens soon.
                I can never tell if a fight intended to cheat or not but going by the explanation that I saw in this video I would given Ortiz the benefit of doubt. My biggest issue is the fact that he had a previous issue with PED before this.

So I would expect him and his team to take extra care when signing, filling in, reading forms etc. Maybe my eagerness to see this fight is the reason am giving him the benefit of the doubt, but I feel terribly sorry for Wilder. Who again has been denied a chance to build his name and improve his resume.

So far he has one decent name in 38 fights. His rematch with Bernard does nothing for him.

Comment

Working...
                X