No announcement yet.

Hats Off To Kell Brook

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by revelated View Post
    Not sure where you get that from. Bundu was catching Spence half the night and tonight, for 5 rounds Spence looked like Porter without the Linebacker. Tripped over himself, getting caught with big shots, completely outclassed in the first half of the fight.

You're right that Garcia looks for a big shot, but as we learned from the Matthysse fight, Garcia can box when he wants.
    Spence is supremely talented at walking fighters down, pressurising them and ultimately stopping them through an accumulation of punishment. That the early rounds tonight probably went in favour of Brook is because Brook is an excellent boxer and one of the three best fighters in the division. Bundu got dominated by Spence.

Garcia doesn't walk fighters down like Spence. He doesn't cut off the ring particularly well. He could hurt Kell, but on balance I see a fight between him and Brook going similarly to the Thurman-Garcia fight. Brook by decision.

Comment

Quitting twice in a row is nothing to be ashamed of? Boxing fans sure have become soft as baby crap!

Comment

Originally posted by TouchyAndalou View Post
        Garcia doesn't walk fighters down like Spence. He doesn't cut off the ring particularly well. He could hurt Kell, but on balance I see a fight between him and Brook going similarly to the Thurman-Garcia fight. Brook by decision.
        As we've seen against Golovkin and now Spence, the days of Kell Brook "running" are long past. He's matured as a fighter since the Porter fight, certainly. I see him standing ground against The Gift One.

Which means a highlight reel KO inside of 11 rounds.

Comment

As we've seen against Golovkin and now Spence, the days of Kell Brook "running" are long past. He's matured as a fighter since the Porter fight, certainly. I see him standing ground against The Gift One.

Which means a highlight reel KO inside of 11 rounds.
          Must be trolling, from what I can see Garcia has C level power at 147... did he even drop Malignaggi??

Garcia does have underrated boxing ability but his power is not a real threat at 147. He's not knocking any of the top guys out, even a damaged Kell Brook.

Comment

Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
            Must be trolling, from what I can see Garcia has C level power at 147... did he even drop Malignaggi??
            A brutal stoppage is more than sufficient in lieu of a knockdown.

He also dropped Matthysse and brutally put Khan to sleep.

Anyone in the business will tell you that Garcia's left hook is the real "One Time". The key is whether he can land it flush or not.

Comment

Originally posted by AliBombaye View Post
              Quitting twice in a row is nothing to be ashamed of? Boxing fans sure have become soft as baby crap!
              The way he fought back after getting dropped in the 10th is the stuff of legends.

ROTY candidate and Brook had plenty of moments in it.

Nothing to be ashamed of the way he battled.

Comment

a brutal stoppage is more than sufficient in lieu of a knockdown.

He also dropped matthysse and brutally put khan to sleep.

Anyone in the business will tell you that garcia's left hook is the real "one time". The key is whether he can land it flush or not.
                what????????

Comment

Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
                  what????????
                  The shot that prepared Khan:

After that shot, a love tap would have put him out. Case in point:

Comment

Working...
                  X