Anthony Joshua boring?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Meatsauce View Post
    Wilder would smoke him.
    if he fights anything life he did vs parker yes hed get Kod imo but wilder is there to be countered so if he can land a good counter in an exchange he can win but I don't see it happening

Comment

if Joshua lands a bomb,and fails to finish like Ortiz did,he is screwed. The reason Wilder won against Ortiz had more to do with Ortiz gassing so it goes 3 ways

Wilder KO's Joshua
      Joshua lands a big one and KO's Wilder
      Joshua lands a big one,fails to finsih and gets KO'ed

Comment

Originally posted by KOComplaints View Post
        if Joshua lands a bomb,and fails to finish like Ortiz did,he is screwed. The reason Wilder won against Ortiz had more to do with Ortiz gassing so it goes 3 ways

Wilder KO's Joshua
        Joshua lands a big one and KO's Wilder
        Joshua lands a big one,fails to finsih and gets KO'ed
        No it doesn't. Wilder floored Ortiz early.

Comment

AJ IMO is a good fighter, but after seen how he had trouble with Parker, one gets to thinking is AJ just a hype job, honestly I feel Wilder beats Joshua, Joshua is waay to mechanical and all while yes Wilder can be countered the fact AJ was unable to get his uppercut to land on Parker and Parker able to disrupt AJ with his jab despite being the shorter fight has me wondering how AJ will deal with someone with a longer, faster, and stronger jab. But with that said AJ is boring IMO along with his personality.

Comment

When was the last time a boring fighter regularly selling 1 mill PPV buys?

He knocks out most opponents, is almost always the aggressor, has been involved in one of the best fights at heavyweight in years against an opponent who was regarded as boring. He's not what I would classify as boring.

The last 2 fights didn't live up to expectations though. Takam quickly realised he couldn't match him on the inside and was forced to move and survive. Parker too was forced onto the back foot and made to fight in a defensive manner, the ref also didn't help by breaking many exchanges up close.

Give Joshua a moving target and he struggles and that's why his last 2 bouts were anticlimactic. Give him a more stationary opponent or one that comes to him like Povetkin and you'll see fireworks again.

Personality wise though he's a bit vanilla. He looks the part and does the job in the ring but outside of it he can't trash talk or won't trash talk, so could be seen as boring.
            Last edited by Rubber Ducky; 04-20-2018, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Yea for a HW with such a impressive KO ratio he's quite boring in fact. He's got a ton of "UK stoppages" on top of that so even his KO's don't live up to the hype per se.

Still one of the best around, if not the best, at HW right now. But yea there are far more HW's who are more fun to watch.

Comment

Different fight requires different approach based on the opponent. Every fight must not be a knock out.
                As a fighter, why should I take more risk when I know of I can defeat my opponent with just jabs.
                It's all about winning and winning comes in different styles.
                If you don't like AJ and his fighting styles, how come you know of his style is boring if you are not watching him?

Comment

I agree. Joshua dont really excite me.

Yea he is on the boring side.

Comment

Very, very dull and very, very false.

Comment

Think he was fighting some no hopers who were extremely cautious. Not Vlad, obviously.

The Wilder fight will likely keep us on the edge of our seats. Let's hope it happens next.

Comment

Working...
                      X