No announcement yet.

Did Abril up his stock tonight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hectari View Post
    yeah boring, how can your stock go up when your fight was a snooze fest and you are a point fighter?

Stock only goes up when you amaze and impress with slick crisp skill or warrior hearted action.

Abril is boring imagine a fight between him and Miguel Vazquez? they would need some track shoes in that fight.
    I dont know how Abril's stock went up at all, dude didnt look impressive to me

He was being bullied and thrown around the ring and looked shook until the ref took away that point from him and made him fight. Still not seeing how he's the best at 135

Comment

I'm pretty sure Vasquez would beat Burns by another boring UD. And I won't be surprised if Broner ducks both of these boring people. It's a high risk, low reward type of situation. But then again if he doesn't take one of them he won't have a choice but to move up and fight at 140. There'll be no one there in his division to fight.

On the other hand, Vasquez vs Abril can be made easily. Broner wanted Burns, but I don't think it would be attractive to take on a guy who is coming off a loss.

Comment

I think so. I felt like he had the cards stacked against him last night. The ref was picking on him throughout most of the fight and he was up against another house fighter. He fought through 2 nasty gashes as the result of headbutts (take note Devon), he was getting hit behind the head and he showed he has a chin as he took a couple clean overhand rights.

Last night we learned that not only is he an exceptional technician but also a very tough, gritty and determined fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari
          Quote:

Originally Posted by GKMC

I dont wanna see this dude fight on TV ever again. Throw Richard Abril to the bushes

yeah boring, how can your stock go up when your fight was a snooze fest and you are a point fighter?

Stock only goes up when you amaze and impress with slick crisp skill or warrior hearted action.

Abril is boring imagine a fight between him and Miguel Vazquez? they would need some track shoes in that fight.
          You guys may not appreciate the SWEET SCIENCE but I think Abril made a good account for himself. Like I said, towards the end of that fight the crowd was definitely cheering for him.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by 1PunchKOPOW! View Post
            You guys may not appreciate the SWEET SCIENCE but I think Abril made a good account for himself. Like I said, towards the end of that fight the crowd was definitely cheering for him.

Please bruh, it aint got nothing to do with appreciating the sweet science. Abril just makes s**tty fights. It is what it is, he's talented but i'd rather watch the WNBA than watch him fight

Comment

Originally posted by PBP
              I think so. I felt like he had the cards stacked against him last night. The ref was picking on him throughout most of the fight and he was up against another house fighter. He fought through 2 nasty gashes as the result of headbutts (take note Devon), he was getting hit behind the head and he showed he has a chin as he took a couple clean overhand rights.

Last night we learned that not only is he an exceptional technician but also a very tough, gritty and determined fighter.
              You're right. This goes back to what I said, I think the more we watch him the more we will learn about him and the more we'll appreciate what he does in there.

Comment

I was nervous before the fight but then I see Abril was geting more comfortable..Abril is a slick fighter..I will love to see him against any top @ 135 forward fighter

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                  Abril is a beat at lightweight. he'd be the longest fighter Broner has faced. It would be interesting to see them fight. Cause Broner has only been in there with smaller men who like to go to war. I'm telling you, once Broner gets in there with someone close to his size, he's gonna struggle. Abril can do that.
                  Well we seen what he did to Demarco, and according to boxrec he's only 1 inch shorter than Abril. I think Demarco fought the wrong fight that night. He kept going after Broner and he gave up his size. He should've stayed back and let Broner bring the fight to him. I think that's how Abril would handle it and it'll be a long night for Broner.

Comment

Abril's stock went up. I read all the RBR comments after the fight last night. I was pleasantly surprised that virtually every comment was pro-Abril. Before the Bogere fight, I thought people around here didn't think much of him. I know Richie's style is ugly, but most of the members here seemed to appreciate what he was doing last night. It probably had something to do, amongst other things, with the grit Abril had on display. Everyone loves that.

Abril is very skilled, and crafty as they come. He's got a solid chin and a will to win. Richie only has borderline respectable power, but he uses it very effectively for his style. He's a very tall lightweight. He's trouble for anyone, especially shorter fighters.

Someone mentioned that Abril's style will always lend itself to bad decisions/robberies. I have to agree. It's Richie's major shortcoming. But he showed last night that it doesn't have to be that way. After his point deduction, Abril got busy and started connecting with some urgency. The guy can fight.

Comment

Originally posted by SnakeVen0m View Post
                      Well we seen what he did to Demarco, and according to boxrec he's only 1 inch shorter than Abril. I think Demarco fought the wrong fight that night. He kept going after Broner and he gave up his size. He should've stayed back and let Broner bring the fight to him. I think that's how Abril would handle it and it'll be a long night for Broner.
                      Excellent post. I agree. Demarco fought the wrong fight. He challenged Broner on the inside and got hammered for his troubles. Abril would fight tall and spoil any Broner offensive. You can believe Broner wants no part of it. Even if Broner wins, Richie would make him look bad.

Comment

Working...
                      X