No announcement yet.

someone explain to me again why a 25 year old kid,

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
    its typical delusional behavior for golovkin fanboys to assume all his critics are black males with racial motivations...its simply not true..im a white male in my mid 30's....i have respect for kovalev and loma....i dont bash them or knock them...they have earned respect

golovkin has taken the safe route aside from beating up C/B- level mws....his resume stinks and he hasnt proven himself to be the world beater hbo and his team made him out to be

it has nothing to do with race...its sad and pathetic that you cant see the actual reason...but its most likely because you need something to believe in and live through
    If you think most of the criticism he receives isn't based on his skin color or their favorite fighters skin tone your the delusional one. I'm not necessarily a GGG "fan". I respect him and enjoy his fights though. I think he's a credit to boxing.

Not sure he's taken "the safe route". He's seeked out champions and tough opponents and it's been hard to get them in the ring and he doesn't have access to a time machine so he can't bring all-time greats into the ring because they simply don't exist around his weight these last few years.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
      If you think most of the criticism he receives isn't based on his skin color or their favorite fighters skin tone your the delusional one. I'm not necessarily a GGG "fan". I respect him and enjoy his fights though. I think he's a credit to boxing.

Not sure he's taken "the safe route". He's seeked out champions and tough opponents and it's been hard to get them in the ring and he doesn't have access to a time machine so he can't bring all-time greats into the ring because they simply don't exist around his weight these last few years.
      How do you seek out challenges when you don't wanna move out of arguably the weakest division in boxing?

Comment

right...cause a guy that was considered one of the best OAT at 168 didnt call him about a fight after he and his trainer and manager swore 168 was good for them....

the whole division of MW has been weak for years......it might just be starting to heat up but its bad timing for golovkin....jacobs got back on track...charlo is coming and canelo has finally made the move.....but before that it was pretty much rubbish

if you want to assume most of the criticism golovkin receives is from skin color than take a look at forum posters of the same color...and how they act towards african american fighters...ie floyd, ward etc.......im a white male and i find most african american boxing fans on forums would probably give most EE fighters their due if fighters they are fans of werent bashed over and over for years......the way people run around here talking about floyd and ward its no shock some might try to rile up the white fans with some negative comments

my criticisms of golovkin have nothing to do with it....even though i find the complaining from kovalevs fans annoying and unfounded...i still have respect for him ...and i cant say a bad thing about loma....golovkin hasnt won me over

Comment

Gggs win over nelo is better than Floyd's as nelo was cw and green.

Comment

Originally posted by Xi_ View Post
            How do you seek out challenges when you don't wanna move out of arguably the weakest division in boxing?
            Wouldn't say that's accurate. 160 isn't murderers row but it's not as weak as 135, 140 or 168 for example have been. It's one of the original divisions and the biggest ticket seller in the sport was there at that division also so always made sense to make that fight happen.

It makes/made sense to set out to unify the division and take part in such a huge fight as the Canelo one (and likely a 2nd and 3rd for mega $$).

Comment

Wouldn't say that's accurate. 160 isn't murderers row but it's not as weak as 135, 140 or 168 for example have been. It's one of the original divisions and the biggest ticket seller in the sport was there at that division also so always made sense to make that fight happen.

It makes/made sense to set out to unify the division and take part in such a huge fight as the Canelo one (and likely a 2nd and 3rd for mega $$).
              it also made sense for cotto and canelo to fight once cotto got the belt...and it made sense for canelo to fight a guy like khan and let a fight with ggg build ......yet everyone called them both cowards for it while they pretended ggg/brook was some last minute accident.....

you feel me?

if ggg fans were honest with themselves and stopped mocking every other fighter who makes a business decision...theyd prob get less flak

Comment

Originally posted by Golden Boi 360 View Post
                In my opinion Canelo needed the Golovkin fight the same way Mayweather needed the Pacquiao fight.

Canelo and Mayweather needed those fights to prove to the people that they weren't scared/ducking.

The Canelo-GGG fight took place at the perfect time in my opinion.

May-Pac was a few years too late.
                the perfect time for canelo vs ggg was after canelo vs cotto. they could have shared a ppv to hype the fight and then fought next. instead we got worthless fights like ggg vs brook/wade and canelo vs smith/khan/chavez.

Comment

every other fighter on the planet is supposed to grow a set and take on challenges and fight for legacy.......cept ggg....hes supposed to do smart things that make him money and minimize risk

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
                    the perfect time for canelo vs ggg was after canelo vs cotto. they could have shared a ppv to hype the fight and then fought next. instead we got worthless fights like ggg vs brook/wade and canelo vs smith/khan/chavez.
                    some worthless fights are a necessary evil....guys cant just go back to back to back against A level competition...just doesnt happen much anymore

and as i mentioned...what would the rush for a guy as young and as popular as canelo, post cotto, to fight a guy who is clear b-side and has a weak resume? i think both sides are happy now with how things turned out

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
                      every other fighter on the planet is supposed to grow a set and take on challenges and fight for legacy.......cept ggg....hes supposed to do smart things that make him money and minimize risk
                      quoted for truth

Comment

Working...
                      X