No announcement yet.

Worst scorecard ever?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worst scorecard ever?

I read that some present day boxing 'expert' called the 118-110 Canelo scorecard for the Golovkin-Alvarez fight posted by Adelaide Byrd for the worst scorecard he had ever seen.

While the card is clearly atrocious, it surely isn't the worst ever is it?

What do you think? Is the 118-110 for Leonard against Hagler up there? What about 72-65 Ali in his win over Young?
    Last edited by BattlingNelson; 09-12-2018, 09:27 AM.

Or canelos draw with Mayweather.

Comment

The worst one i've ever seen was in Adrien Broner vs Daniel Ponce de Leon. It was a very close fight and one of the judges scored it 99-91 for Broner.

Comment

The canelo-ggg was bad in the sense that every close round was just given to Canelo but its not out of the realm of possibility that canelo goggles make it seem that way. He’s showier. Pac used to always get the close rounds too. Bad score to be sure but we’ve seen worse.

Anyway...from modern memory?

Jerry Roth’s score in the brandon rios - richar abrik fight.

Then that one judge in the first martinez-williams card. I shoukd rewatch the fight but that one seemed improbable from memory

The danny garcia and herrera fight had TWO horrendous score cards now that i remember but the names escape me
        Last edited by NearHypnos; 09-12-2018, 12:11 PM.

Comment

I am of the unpopular opinion that most 10-9 rounds (either way) should be scored even. I felt the Judge who scored Duran-Leonard (I) 10 rounds even is the way to go. If one fighter doesn't dominate a round than no one should get the round.

I wouldn't even have a problem with the return of ND fights (screw the gamblers and book makers) the way things are today we give too much power to the judges; we make them too important.

Comment

Dave Moretti turns in some whoppers. 116-112 for Mayweather over Maidana I. 117-111 over Cotto, 118-110 over Pac.

Waleska Roldan 117-111 Horn over Pac.

Eugenia Williams scoring the Holyfield-Lewis fight for Holyfield 115-113.

Clements, Ford, and Giampa have all had turns submitting very suspect cards. CJ Ross goes without saying.

Comment

Clark Sammartino scoring for the burnett vs haskins fight last year. Scored everything for the wrong boxer.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...ld-title-fight

Comment

116 to 112 Floyd over Castillo when it should have been 116 Castillo 112 Floyd he was wrong by 8 points

Comment

Originally posted by lightningleeroy View Post
                  Clark Sammartino scoring for the burnett vs haskins fight last year. Scored everything for the wrong boxer.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...ld-title-fight
                  I remember that lol. So bad. But then again the judge ‘just’ made the mistake of scoring for blue and not red corner.

Comment

Sven ottke got quite a few favorable cards, one judge had him beating reid 117-112

Comment

Working...
                    X