Collapse
No announcement yet.

Feel terrible for Golovkin...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm going to rewatch this later but I don't see how Canelo could have won. Golovkin looked more beat up yeah but Canelo's head was getting rocked.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
      I didnt score the fight but dont feel bad because canelo just had the better gameplan. I can't believe sanchez didnt stress bodyshots(correct me if im wrong).
      You aren't wrong. I had ggg winning the fight though. After the first match I had it wide ggg and I felt like he needed to do something different. They basically stuck to the same game plan though and I knew judges was going to give the edge to canelo.

The fight was closer though so I'm not too mad at the decision just thought ggg was foolish to do same thing as the first fight and expect different results.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
        Despite my conflicts with many GG fans, and my picking against him twice, I do think GG should have 2 W's over Canelo.

GG had guys duck him, had management that make shytty matches, had a trainer that embarrassed him in the media.
        And, the 2 legacy defining fights that should have sent him out on a high note really reek of BS.

I'm not going to be militant about it. If you scored Canelo winning, fair enough. The fights can be debated. But, personally I don't feel good about any of it.

Whatever GG does from here on out, all the best to him.

Oh well thats on GGG. When his "mythical" power isnt working he doesnt have the skills to fall back on like all his fans swore he had.

He got walked down by Canelo with ease and had no control of the ring. It was a shameful performance he got out bullied and out boxed.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
          Yeah you hate to see that especially with a career defining fight. I had GGG winning the first fight but this one was close in my opinion. I really don't see where he goes from here, obviously he was extremely upset leaving the ring and not giving an interview(a bit unprofessional in my opinion though as he talks so much about respecting the sport and being an ambassador).

I could see him retiring after this, although I hope not as I enjoy watching him fight.
          You can't expect a man to respect the sport that doesn't respect him.

Comment

Despite my conflicts with many GG fans, and my picking against him twice, I do think GG should have 2 W's over Canelo.

GG had guys duck him, had management that make shytty matches, had a trainer that embarrassed him in the media.
            And, the 2 legacy defining fights that should have sent him out on a high note really reek of BS.

I'm not going to be militant about it. If you scored Canelo winning, fair enough. The fights can be debated. But, personally I don't feel good about any of it.

Kind of sums up my feelings on the matter.

Comment

GGG shuda went to the body early. Smh

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
                You can't expect a man to respect the sport that doesn't respect him.
                Ah true that. Just was sad to see. You can't talk so much about respecting the sport and then high tail it though. I really don't want that to be the last thing I see regarding GGG, if he was mad enough to walk out like that I don't know if we'll see him fight again. He seems like a guy that'll stick to his guns if he feels he was unjustly robbed and not fight again. What do you think?

Comment

Agree bro and all that you said besides I had it a draw.
                  Feel bad for the G man.
                  He has been fuked over on multiple levels in his career.
                  I hope he retires and enjoys the rest of his life.
                  A great man.

Comment

I have never seen Bernard Hopkins so happy. He was like a child at Christmas after the decision and during interview.

Comment

I don't. Both fights were close. The judges clearly like what Canelo does/did in there, and the only real issue was Byrd's card.

Comment

Working...
                      X