Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Deontay considered a young fighter at 32 near 33?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
    hes not seen as young, only as "young" as in protected. Any other titlist would have been a pre-title novice with his resume.
    Actually most would be considered an amateur just 12 years after picking up boxing gloves. He fought the #3 heavyweight in the world. And knocked him the eff out.

How is he protected? He wanted to fight Fury, and scared Fury into retirement. He tried to fight Parker and Parker said no. So he fought Ortiz, the #3 heavyweight in the world. He has offered AJ $50 million and AJ turned down his own offer!!!

So who could he fight that make him not protected? I didn't realize fighting the 2nd best heavyweight that isn't you is being "protected." Sorry, but no matter what Wilder does, he cannot make AJ grow testicles.

Comment

Originally posted by KillaCamNZ View Post
      Because there's a narrative out there to try and portray him as something he's not. That narrative wants him to be fresh, young and hungry.

The truth is, he's 32 and 40 fights deep into a career that has really proven nothing.

Maybe he shouldn't have wasted so many years and fights against cans.
      Actually, the truth is that Wilder never picked up a pair of boxing gloves until he was 20.

But I know, there is a narrative to degrade and ridicule any fighter signed with Haymon. It is getting harder and harder to cry about Wilder's opposition when he accepted two different offers by AJ only to have AJ go back and refuse the offers he made in the first place!

But yea, that is why Wilder is considered a "young" fighter. I know you don't like to think and so just throw out nonsensical insults, but the reason isn't some secret, it isn't some secret conspiracy, it is honestly well-known.

AJ is also young. AJ didn't start boxing until he was 18. Maybe that is why they are the two best heavyweights, they didn't spend their entire adolescence getting concussions from big, strong guys punching them in the face. That will take a toll on anyone, especially with hw's, the hard-hitters.

Comment

Wilder has fought bums 90 percent of his career and is a paper champ

Usually 25 year olds fight the guys wilder fights so people naturally think he is young when they see his trash resume

Wilder is a joke

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Cool View Post
          Actually most would be considered an amateur just 12 years after picking up boxing gloves. He fought the #3 heavyweight in the world. And knocked him the eff out.

How is he protected? He wanted to fight Fury, and scared Fury into retirement. He tried to fight Parker and Parker said no. So he fought Ortiz, the #3 heavyweight in the world. He has offered AJ $50 million and AJ turned down his own offer!!!

So who could he fight that make him not protected? I didn't realize fighting the 2nd best heavyweight that isn't you is being "protected." Sorry, but no matter what Wilder does, he cannot make AJ grow testicles.
          Yeah look at this sorry state of a nut hugger

Wilder refuses to sign the contract which aj signed to fight next and they blame Joshua

You are a funny little boy

Wilder had ducked wlad

Povetkin

Whyte

Joshua

Yet it isn’t his fault right ? Pathetic troll

All wilder had to do was sign

Aj can’t force wilder to fight him, he can’t force him to sign

Comment

I dont know, he has been fighting for 10 years now as a pro. I think he is young in terms of competition. No matter what anyone try to dice, he doesn't have a good resume for someone who has fought in the HW division for the last 10 years. So in that terms he is young, no wars, one tough fight (Ortiz) and a few injuries.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Cool View Post

How is he protected? s.
              As the years go by, at some point, you will work out that "he tried to fight this guy but he said no" repeated for EVERY possible fight has a common denominator, that being Wilder. Looking at his resume, you can see its the entire pattern of his career to keep to the deadbeats, and that includes 40something Ortiz guy that seem eager to sell as some decent opponent. Ortiz would be considered the worst titlist of the decade for previous pre-Klitschko champions...yet hes wilders best!

The only thing I will give hi credit for is chasing Pov to russia, but even Povetkin isnt much good. Hes arguably teh best opponent of Wladimir Klitschko, and thats damning with feint praise.

If I'm wrong in the future, and Wilder goes on a streak of prime world class opposition, I'll hold my hands up to being wrong. But you need to hold your hands up to being wrong so far.
              Last edited by DreamFighter; 07-06-2018, 02:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingfan8888 View Post
                Wilder is a joke
                If Wilder sucks so much, why does Hearn consider him such a threat?

Comment

123 rds in 40 fights
                  a lil over 3 rds per fight !!!

at that rate, he can fight until hes 70.

Comment

He wasted his prime years fighting trash and now he's panicking. He **** around with negotiations too much and he's gonna be past his sell by date when he gets his big fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X