I'm black but I'm tired of the hate that Loma receives

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
    What's your colour have to do with it?
    Haha clicked on the thread to ask the same and behold it was taken care of with the first comment

Comment

• Funny to see posters that have expressed unjustified hate towards great fighters cry when a couple of posters criticise a fighter they love.

Comment

• So, is the OP saying that because he's black, he's supposed to hate white fighters, but he doesn't hate Lomachenko? That's about the silliest shit I have ever heard.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
          Because he's arguably P4P king and maybe the best, nicest fighter to watch right now?

Early in his career, 12 fights, yet,
          he took Walters, Rigo and Russel Jr's "0", won a title in 3 divisions.
          Even Ward the last P4P king didn't win titles in 3 divisions and I can tell you that his 4 best wins over Linares, Rigo, Russel Jr, Walters aren't ridiculous next to Ward's 4 best wins: Kova, Froch, Kessler, Dawson...
          Im not going to argue over your fanboy opinions. My point is if you’re going to join in on the hype train and cosign all of the over the top praise then you can’t then get mad when others point out that loma didn’t live up to the hype that you’ve contributed to. You can act like linares is all that now, but before the fight loma was a huge favorite despite the size and weight. Loma was a 7-1 favorite and I didn’t see any of you lomos giving linares a chance. Now that he fought loma tough knocked him down and had him on some trouble, people want to act like what we saw was expected and people were predicting a tough fight.

Nah. According to the loma hype he was supposed to dominate linares. Linares wasn’t supposed to be able touch him. Instead he was able to touch loma all night. Linares was hitting loma consistently with clean shots. I give loma all of the credit that he deserved for coming back after being rocked but he didn’t live up to the hype and it’s not racism for anyone to point that out. If anything, you’re being racist against blacks by acting like their opinions aren’t valid because you don’t agree.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldie View Post
            Im not going to argue over your fanboy opinions. My point is if you’re going to join in on the hype train and cosign all of the over the top praise then you can’t then get mad when others point out that loma didn’t live up to the hype that you’ve contributed to. You can act like linares is all that now, but before the fight loma was a huge favorite despite the size and weight. Loma was a 7-1 favorite and I didn’t see any of you lomos giving linares a chance. Now that he fought loma tough knocked him down and had him on some trouble, people want to act like what we saw was expected and people were predicting a tough fight.

Nah. According to the loma hype he was supposed to dominate linares. Linares wasn’t supposed to be able touch him. Instead he was able to touch loma all night. Linares was hitting loma consistently with clean shots. I give loma all of the credit that he deserved for coming back after being rocked but he didn’t live up to the hype and it’s not racism for anyone to point that out. If anything, you’re being racist against blacks by acting like their opinions aren’t valid because you don’t agree.
            That sentence is the worst thing I ever read in my life TBH. I mean read it again and laugh at yourself, that's some elementary school stuff.

Regarding Linares, I NEVER predicted an easy fight. You just need to put words I never said in my mouth to have a point.
            Bookers are just dumb, they had Lacey beating Calzaghe.
            Styles make fights and bookers always go wrong.

Then if it's all about the hype, why Latinos who are big boxing fans aren't hating that much against that so called Loma hype?
            Why always the same cats Dontae dudes hating on him? I mean, the world is big...
            Why is GGG packing avenues with mexican fans?
            That's right, most afro americans won't appreciate non black fighters.

Look at Spence, he's all hype at this point, he lost all his big fights in top amateur tournaments, got schooled bad by Sapyev twice from Kazakhstan, then won his single world pro belt beating up Brook coming of a TKO loss. But dude is P4P over Loma according to many brothas. Check me when Spence beat a solid middleweight champ to get his 3rd division title.

That's what I call unearned hype, Loma earned his hype with 2 olympic titles in 2 divisions and 3 pro title in 3 divisions.
            I agree that hype goes too far sometimes, but dudes is special with special record to back it up (unlike Spence for example).
            Last edited by BillyBoxing; 05-14-2018, 04:00 PM.

Comment

• Boxing Scene's just a bad place. Lots of unsavory people here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sheldon312 View Post
                The guys has beaten Walters, Russel Jr, Rigo, and Linares. All these guys are A-LEVEL fighters. We give guys like Thurman, Crawford, Spence, Wilder, Joshua, Fury, The Charlos, and Mikey so much credit but none of these guys have beaten the quality of fighters that Loma has beaten. Let's just appreciate the phenomenal talent that we are witnessing. The boxing community is becoming one big race war.
                Post a selfie to prove you are black else you are baiting

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
                  That sentence is the worst thing I ever read in my life TBH. I mean read it again and laugh at yourself, that's some elementary school stuff.

Regarding Linares, I NEVER predicted an easy fight. You just need to put words I never said in my mouth to have a point.
                  Bookers are just dumb, they had Lacey beating Calzaghe.
                  Styles make fights and bookers always go wrong.

Then if it's all about the hype, why Latinos who are big boxing fans aren't hating that much against that so called Loma hype?
                  Why always the same cats Dontae dudes hating on him? I mean, the world is big...
                  Why is GGG packing avenues with mexican fans?
                  That's right, most afro americans won't appreciate non black fighters.

Look at Spence, he's all hype at this point, he lost all his big fights in top amateur tournaments, got schooled bad by Sapyev twice from Kazakhstan, then won his single world pro belt beating up Brook coming of a TKO loss. But dude is P4P over Loma according to many brothas. Check me when Spence beat a solid middleweight champ to get his 3rd division title.

That's what I call unearned hype, Loma earned his hype with 2 olympic titles in 2 divisions and 3 pro title in 3 divisions.
                  I agree that hype goes too far sometimes, but dudes is special with special record to back it up (unlike Spence for example).
                  You’re making it about race though. Why can’t you just let people have their opinions and evaluate them on their merit instead of making it about race? I’m black and I can tell you that there are plenty of blacks who are on the loma train. Maybe it’s not the majority of black boxing fans, but there are plenty of blacks who believe in his hype.

I’m not even saying that he’s not going to end up being an atg. I’m just saying don’t write off black people who aren’t completely sold yet as racist just because. There’s nothing wrong with thinking Spence is higher on the p4p list at this point. It really doesn’t matter. They’re both young and we will all get to see how their careers play out.

Comment

• Originally posted by abracada View Post
                    Post a selfie to prove you are black else you are baiting
                    Why would I do that for a known racist like you?

Comment

• Originally posted by A.K View Post
                      Nas shows post 2002 are all white whoever said that must be 40+
                      he got it back to 50/50 with his "untitled" album

Comment

Working...
                      X