Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I will respect GGG and his career IF....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I will respect GGG and his career IF....

If he decides to fight at least two of the following before he retires:
    BJS
    Derevyanchenko
    Andrade
    Charlo
    Jacobs II

We all know he will take that trilogy with Canelo for the pay, but it's what he does inbetween then and after then that will determine whether he deserves respect from me (and many others I'm sure)

I will say it here and let it be on record; if GGG fights 2 of those fighters I listed and beats them, I will respect him as a fighter and will not criticise him as a fighter. If he fights a few bums and then takes the Canelo payday and retires (the 'safe' route), I will never recognise him as a great MW. Never.

I think that sounds fair. I will put respect on his name if he does that - any fighter who challenges themselves and takes big risks and proves themselves deserves a man's respect.

He is a first ballot hall of fame boxer with 20 successful tittle defenses and 22 KOs in a row. If you don't already respect him by now then you never will no matter who he beats.

Comment

What's so special about your respect, You call him Borack. You respect Saunders Jermall and Andrade and GGG has done many times what they have at 160. Saunders's best win is Lemieux a guy GGG already KOed. Jermall beat a couple of weak middleweights to become champion. Andrade beat an unknown nobody from Africa you never heard of to become champion and has yet to beat a top 10 middleweight. You have a double standard big time. Your respect is meaningless because you give it to the wrong boxers.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
        He is a first ballot hall of fame boxer with 20 successful tittle defenses and 22 KOs in a row. If you don't already respect him by now then you never will no matter who he beats.
        Who were those title defenses against?

At this stage of is career, he has the perfect opportunity to show everyone he is a warrior that wants to collect scalps.

If you are a GGG fan, wouldn't you be pissed off if he just takes the Canelo trilogy and sails off into the sunset without defeating the other top guys knocking on the door? If he beat BJS, Andrade and Charlo, how great would that look on his resume?

Comment

I would hope he fights a few big names too. If he doesn't I'll still respect him but I'll respect him more if he engages in good fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Shontae De'marc View Post
            Who were those title defenses against?

At this stage of is career, he has the perfect opportunity to show everyone he is a warrior that wants to collect scalps.

If you are a GGG fan, wouldn't you be pissed off if he just takes the Canelo trilogy and sails off into the sunset without defeating the other top guys knocking on the door? If he beat BJS, Andrade and Charlo, how great would that look on his resume?
            G’a Resume chits all over Charlo, BJS and Andreade though. You can call him out for having a weak resume, and rightfully so to a degree, but you can’t say he gets your respect if he beats guys with significantly ****tier resumes

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
              What's so special about your respect, You call him Borack. You respect Saunders Jermall and Andrade and GGG has done many times what they have at 160. Saunders's best win is Lemieux a guy GGG already KOed. Jermall beat a couple of weak middleweights to become champion. Andrade beat an unknown nobody from Africa you never heard of to become champion and has yet to beat a top 10 middleweight. You have a double standard big time. Your respect is meaningless because you give it to the wrong boxers.
              Nah GGG has accomplished more than those boxers, easily. But to be considered 'great' you need to do great things - which I feel he has not done.

His legacy is at MW - he never went to another division and that's fine. But if his career is at MW then he should try and clean house to prove how good he is. Wins over those guys this late in his career would only solidify his past wins as well.

Honest question: Do you want to see GGG fight those boxers before he retires?

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                G’a Resume chits all over Charlo, BJS and Andreade though

Correct!

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                You can call him out for having a weak resume, and rightfully so to a degree, but you can’t say he gets your respect if he beats guys with significantly ****tier resumes
                He gets respect by beating the best his division has to offer, that's all I'm saying and that's all I ask for in any great champion in any division.

BJS and Andrade bring real problems to GGG in many people's eyes, if he can overcome those and show he is a superior fighter then that is truly commendable and I would give him full credit for not only beating them but in taking the risk in fighting them at this stage of his career. I'd respect that warrior spirit.

Comment

Originally posted by Shontae De'marc View Post

Correct!

He gets respect by beating the best his division has to offer, that's all I'm saying and that's all I ask for in any great champion in any division.

BJS and Andrade bring real problems to GGG in many people's eyes, if he can overcome those and show he is a superior fighter then that is truly commendable and I would give him full credit for not only beating them but in taking the risk in fighting them at this stage of his career. I'd respect that warrior spirit.
                  I just think those three are more hyped names than anything. Way better fighters at 154, but no respect to fight them. 168 is even worse than 160...that said, yeah he should fight everyone but at 37 that’s just not realistic.

Comment

Golovkins at a age when all fighters are on the decline and past prime

Yet he was still willing to fight the best the division had to offer and in most people’s eyes beat the younger prime fighters.

I’m sure not having some random guys respect on a forum is keeping him up at
                    Night.

It’s been 5 months since the Canelo rematch and there’s still multiple anti Golovkin threads made daily . All I know is in the time I’ve been here I’ve never seen anything like it. What it tells me is that Canelo May have got the undeserving D & W but his fans and Golovkin haters know deep down inside he didn’t deserve either of those verdicts. That’s the only reason he’s still stuck in their head and they feel the need to sh.it on him any chance they can about everything

If they thought Canelo actually deserved the Decisions he received there wouldn’t be a non stop flow of anti Golovkin threads still made on the daily

Comment

Working...
                    X