shoulders - weight training dumbell raises on ulity bench

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shoulders - weight training dumbell raises on ulity bench

for the above exercise, works the main shoulder muscles but my question is

i am onto 22.5 kilos on each arm and i wanted to move up to 25 kilos but i cant bring my hands up straight!!!

does anyone have any help on this...

the weight is not too heavy its just i cant get it up and i dont have any mates who likes the gym so no one to spot me or anything

any help would be cool
    Last edited by mrbigshot; 11-12-2009, 09:51 AM.

bump

wondering what do u guys think about 22.5 on each arm strength wise

Comment

A few questions, how many reps and sets are you performing? When training, are you doing supersets or pyramiding up or down or any exercise that could be pre exhausting your muscles?
      From your posts i can only suggest:

1) Try higher reps with a lower weight dumbells.

2) Instead of using dumbells use barbells, use the highest weight you can use whilst placing your hands wide (hands further apart to the ends of the bar)

3) Try training the upright barbell deltoid row with your hands close together.

Forgive me if this info appears to be insulting and i apologise if i didn't answer the question appropriately, but when you state you can't raise your hands, it simply sounds like a strength deffeciency.

In regard to your second post,.... yeah... i mean.. lifting 22.5kg dumbells is.... great... i know plenty of people who can't lift that and also many people who lift in excess of it... so...?

Comment

Originally posted by mightymouse2k View Post
        A few questions, how many reps and sets are you performing? When training, are you doing supersets or pyramiding up or down or any exercise that could be pre exhausting your muscles?
        From your posts i can only suggest:

1) Try higher reps with a lower weight dumbells.

2) Instead of using dumbells use barbells, use the highest weight you can use whilst placing your hands wide (hands further apart to the ends of the bar)

3) Try training the upright barbell deltoid row with your hands close together.

Forgive me if this info appears to be insulting and i apologise if i didn't answer the question appropriately, but when you state you can't raise your hands, it simply sounds like a strength deffeciency.

In regard to your second post,.... yeah... i mean.. lifting 22.5kg dumbells is.... great... i know plenty of people who can't lift that and also many people who lift in excess of it... so...?
        thanks for the replu dude

a normal shoulder session for this one exercise would be....

1) 20 x 6
        2) 22.5 x 6
        3) 22.5 x 4

so i do 3 sets

i can lift 25 kilos if i had 2 people to spot me by putting the dumb bells in each hand, its just when i am seated i pick up the dumb-bells and try and raise my arms with the 25 kilos so i could perform the exercise!!!

but i just cant raise it so you might be right with the strength part but its only 2.5 kilos extra so i am puzzled of way that would make such a different

thanks for the reply anyway

Comment

Originally posted by mrbigshot View Post
          thanks for the replu dude

a normal shoulder session for this one exercise would be....

1) 20 x 6
          2) 22.5 x 6
          3) 22.5 x 4

so i do 3 sets

i can lift 25 kilos if i had 2 people to spot me by putting the dumb bells in each hand, its just when i am seated i pick up the dumb-bells and try and raise my arms with the 25 kilos so i could perform the exercise!!!

but i just cant raise it so you might be right with the strength part but its only 2.5 kilos extra so i am puzzled of way that would make such a different

thanks for the reply anyway
          Alright, so your training for maximal strength. Personally i think its a strength deffieciency, 2.5kg doesn't sound like much, but it can make a massive difference. Im going through a similar "love affair" with my bicep curls, im curling 30kg dumbbells and i can do 6 reps relatively comfortably, but if i put even the slightest extra weight, i can't shift the damn things past my hip.
          Remember if you don't vary your workouts, you won't get the full benefit of your training, try incorporating some other exercises that will work the deltoids (posterior, medial and anterior) through a different range of motion.
          Good luck,

Comment

Dont risk weight vs form to avoid injury,but try rest da db on legs an lift with legs and arms together,try one at a time

Comment

Working...
            X