No announcement yet.

Jerry Quarry vs Jimmy Young

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ben Bolt View Post
    The TV-program I referred to, I watched some 15-20 years ago. Back then, Ramos already admitted his career as a boxer had damaged him. So I believe, the years rolling by hasn’t been to his advantage.

Watched this interview with nice guy Gerry Cooney. He says he noticed difficulties with his memory.
    Boxing takes a heavy toll.
    Funny that you mention them two. Him and Cooney has a huge beef, because of rival Retirement Fund organizations and then Cooney closed his after people found out his was milking the money coming in.

Comment

Sorry to hear that Ramos and Cooney are having problems. Both could have been champs in the right circumstances.

Comment

Also feel Jerry would edge Jimmy, prime vs prime, but could easily go the other way considering the circumstances.

Comment

--- need to define their primes. Jerry had two primes whereas Jimmy had a narrow one starting without outclowning Ali who did as close to zero in the ring as a carrot.

Comment

I would pick Young by narrow decision. But seriously I would not bet much on it.

Comment

Working...
            X