No announcement yet.

Dunkin Donuts shop owner kicks out woman of color for using wifi and not buying

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
    How about just ban free sht in general just to avoid all this nonsense?
    Its a marketing thing. Dunkin Donuts & Starbucks would lose money by not allowing this & sh^t the whole food & coffee joint industry would if no one can give out wifi at their establishment.

And you alter the entire marketplace cuz plenty of businesses offer free things to get you in the door.

There are multiple techniques with that sh^t to like stores take a L on certain often needed products to get people in the door. Should that be banned to since thats a marketing ploy as well?

This lady is gonna sue Dunkin Donuts and become a millionaire and a hero in the media.
    I doubt that, but I bet this dude is gonna get a warning from Dunkin Donuts for not following their policies. And he could lose his ability to operate his store.

Comment

Originally posted by Dumpster Juice View Post
      All I've learned from these stories is black people shouldn't be held to social norms and should be allowed to break minor laws.
      What law got broken? Dunkin Donuts stole Starbucks strategy to offer free wifi to anyone who happens to come in their establishment.

It probably adds millions of dollars to their sales each year for the people who stop in that otherwise wouldn't have due to the wifi. And sure some people won't buy at all or every time they come in, but they'll buy sometimes or they'll have loyalty & give word of positive word of mouth about DD that could led people who otherwise wouldn't be coming in & buying sh^t.

Its a successful marketing play by the business that accepts that some people will come in & never buy anything. Thats all this is & this owner of the store is a idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        What law got broken? Dunkin Donuts stole Starbucks strategy to offer free wifi to anyone who happens to come in their establishment.

It probably adds millions of dollars to their sales each year for the people who stop in that otherwise wouldn't have due to the wifi. And sure some people won't buy at all or every time they come in, but they'll buy sometimes or they'll have loyalty & give word of positive word of mouth about DD that could led people who otherwise wouldn't be coming in & buying sh^t.

Its a successful marketing play by the business that accepts that some people will come in & never buy anything. Thats all this is & this owner of the store is a idiot.
        I said stories in reference to ones like these. And the starbucks story which was clearly trespassing.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/cros...224928050.html

Comment

Originally posted by //// View Post
          You would have to put a gun to my head and pull the trigger before I ever call anyone a "____ of color". Torture wouldn't even get me close. What a hysterically ******ed term.
          I lose track on what they want to be called tbh, i swear they used to say being called coloured was racist

Comment

Originally posted by Illmatic94 View Post
            the store is in the wrong. it says "free wifi" btch. it doesn't say "free wifi..but buy something first." and it doesn't matter how many fights took place there. that has absolutely nothing to do with a person sitting there not causing problems.
            Everyone kniws its free wi fi for customers, you shouldnt have to put a disclaimer on everything

Comment

People demanding they can sit in a premises and use the net for free, if not you're racist. It's ****ing joke. They are trying to run a business not provide cheap ****s with warmth and entertainment.

Comment

If she didn't buy anything she isn't a 'customer'.

F her.

She's just taking up space.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  Idk sh^t about Dunkin Donuts idek they had wifi at all, but if they offer wifi for free to ANYONE as a company they shouldn't be kicking out ANYONE over using the wifi. I see this like a marketing ploy like the playground at McDonald's used to be as a kid. Its to draw in people who you hope to buy something as they use these free offerings.

If you aren't prepared to do that across the board then the company needs to change their policy or the franchise owner needs to be dis-en-franchised maybe...or warned at least.

Obviously if someone is being disruptive & fighting like this guy is saying I say you should be kicked out & I'd have lil problems with banning them from that Dunkin Donuts for good, but as long as you are their & not causing problems I don't see an issue. Or if the place is filling up fair play on kicking out people who aren't actually eating or drinking anything to realistically need a table. That said few food joints like this fill up nowadays hardly ever cuz these places aren't like a standard restaurant where people sit down, bs & eat, these places are places generally people stop, order & leave to eat or drink w/e they bought at work. Stop & go vs stop & stay.

Personally I don't like Starbucks & don't even like coffee at all, but I've used their wifi plenty of times & often felt the need to buy something I've otherwise wouldn't have brought if they didn't offer wifi cuz I'd never go into the f#cking place in the first place.

I think you're looking too deep into it. If a restaurant can prevent you from using their restroom without purchasing something, they can surely do the same thing with wifi.

Comment

Had she run out of food stamps and couldn't afford a small latte or something?

Comment

you cant just go sit in a place to use the wi-fi man..That doesnt even make sense

Comment

Working...
                      X