Marquez ''They Want To Move GGG to 168 to Avoid Alvarez fight''

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marquez ''They Want To Move GGG to 168 to Avoid Alvarez fight''

summary:

1. They say Chavez Jr. simply absolutely cannot ever return to 160, however, they are optimistic that JCC will finally do 168. They also say that whenever they bring up Chavez Jr. they have to bring up Alvarez...

2. Everybody wants him to move up. Why?! He's a seasoned Middleweight. He should move up if it makes sense. That he should face other Mexicans, if not Alvarez, like Ramirez and JCC. The fights can be made. It's not the same in facing Ramirez, who's also a warrior, it's the fans that want the Alvarez fight. So people want Golovkin to move up so that the fight can be avoided.

my take: Even if Alvarez wasn't in the picture, how does Marquez not give circumstance that when Floyd came back from retirement, and Marquez being p4p #2, that he wanted to prove in being #1 by fighting Floyd in up weight class. It is apparent that the Marquez feud between Alvarez is still there. All because Alvarez wanted a catch with Marquez years ago and also gave the reference regarding Floyd.

Last edited by Lester Tutor; 11-02-2016, 07:57 AM.

lol... This has to be a joke right?

Comment

Originally posted by boxinggod101 View Post
      lol... This has to be a joke right?
      greatness sometimes leads northbound

Comment

He's absolutely right. Moving up gives Canelo an out. It's true now and it was true last year. If he took a 168 fight, Canelo would say "no that's not fair, he's 168 and I'm a 154" - despite still being the bigger man in the ring.

But the biggest reason for the "move up" chant is that most humans are dumb sheep. Most of the 'move up' crowd are parroting what Floyd said 2 years ago without even bothering to think about anything. Moving up has to be worth it. PBP wrote a great post last year which summarized everything you need to know about moving up.

"Daring to Be Great" Has an Expensive Pricetag and it Always Has

JMM moved up against Floyd since Floyd was #1 P4P and was a huge cash cow. Ward moved up for Kovalev because he had very little left at SMW and Kov was above him on P4P list, it also gives him his first PPV fight. Golovkin moving up to 168 does nothing. There are no well respected fighters there and none that make a good payday. His legacy and his money (after Canelo) are at LHW - and that's not a move you make lightly. Once you're committed, you're committed. Ward basically took 2 inactive years and 1 active year to move 7 lbs (168->175). Expecting another fighter to move up 15 lbs overnight makes you a tool.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
          JMM moved up against Floyd since Floyd was #1 P4P and was a huge cash cow.
          Pacquiao was technically #1 p4p when Floyd was retired. Since Marquez had mixed feelings about the series, he said, ''fugg it, then I'll beat Floyd to prove I'm truly #1 over Pac...'' That was the concept for Marquez taking the fight, and he had to move up to prove it. Alvarez criticized Marquez, saying that Juan Manuel only fought Floyd because of the money or ''Cash cow'' as you said.

Therefore, Marquez acknowledged northbound against Floyd. Interesting how he doesn't apply this conversation to Golovkin with the feud he has against Alvarez...

Comment

Remember when Quillin was ducking Golovkin and said, "Why doesn't he move up to 168?"

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              Remember when Quillin was ducking Golovkin and said, "Why doesn't he move up to 168?"
              Oh yes, I remember those years, when industry made it very clear, including Abel in the context of Quillin vs Golovkin, that networks were a conflict. Great thing Abel said it huh. Should I find the video for you?

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
                He's absolutely right. Moving up gives Canelo an out. It's true now and it was true last year. If he took a 168 fight, Canelo would say "no that's not fair, he's 168 and I'm a 154" - despite still being the bigger man in the ring.

But the biggest reason for the "move up" chant is that most humans are dumb sheep. Most of the 'move up' crowd are parroting what Floyd said 2 years ago without even bothering to think about anything. Moving up has to be worth it. PBP wrote a great post last year which summarized everything you need to know about moving up.

"Daring to Be Great" Has an Expensive Pricetag and it Always Has

JMM moved up against Floyd since Floyd was #1 P4P and was a huge cash cow. Ward moved up for Kovalev because he had very little left at SMW and Kov was above him on P4P list, it also gives him his first PPV fight. Golovkin moving up to 168 does nothing. There are no well respected fighters there and none that make a good payday. His legacy and his money (after Canelo) are at LHW - and that's not a move you make lightly. Once you're committed, you're committed. Ward basically took 2 inactive years and 1 active year to move 7 lbs (168->175). Expecting another fighter to move up 15 lbs overnight makes you a tool.
                Why not move up to 175??

Comment

Originally posted by Sadiqkingofko View Post
                  Why not move up to 175??
                  Because you don't come back from that move. He still thinks he can get BJS in the ring and finally unify, which has been what he wanted to do for 5 years.
                  Plus, he/K2 think they can get Canelo into the ring at end of next year.

I hope 2017 is the latest he'll allow himself to talk about Canelo fight and wont allow it to be dragged out further. I want him to start moving up after 2017.

People will continue whining about him moving up. But the fact is it doesn't make sense until BJS & Canelo situations get resolved, win, lose or duck - and we wont know that until end of 2017.

Comment

Golovkin is on his way to breaking Bernard Hopkins defense record and there are some people miffed about this.
                    Maybe GBP will bribe GGG to move up to 168 so Canelo can move back up to Middleweight.

Comment

Working...
                    X